I think its time MSFT should take a page from their own book...

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Good afternoon ladies and gents,

I've been wondering, why doesn't MSFT take a page from their own book? I've completely fallen in love with windows 8 charm bar and multitasking gestures. I honestly believe windows phone 8 would really excel if they incorporated some of these features. A charm bar that can be brought out by swiping from up to down? On that bar we can have settings shortcuts and maybe some customizable favorites. I would love to swipe from left to right from the edge of the screen and bring out a previous app or maybe swipe and hold the app to show my apps running in the background? I don't know about everyone else, but it seems like a natural progression of the OS and a welcomed addition. What's does everyone else think?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Swiping from top probably isn't a good idea because phones are too big nowadays and its hard to reach the top
Swiping from bottom probably isn't a good idea because of the capacative buttons
Swiping from left/right probably isn't a good idea because without significant bezel it'd probably be hard to differentiate between that and a normal on screen swipe (which is standard navigation in wp)

If they can fix some of these issues through software I'd agree with you though.

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Swiping from top probably isn't a good idea because phones are too big nowadays and its hard to reach the top
Swiping from bottom probably isn't a good idea because of the capacative buttons
Swiping from left/right probably isn't a good idea because without significant bezel it'd probably be hard to differentiate between that and a normal on screen swipe (which is standard navigation in wp)

If they can fix some of these issues through software I'd agree with you though.

I agree that phones are getting much larger but me personally when ever possible I use my phone with both hands one to hold the other to swipe or interact. We have all had to adjust throughout the years and I believe it would be small price to pay for so much functionality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven