Soundhound or Shazam?

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Just like the title suggests. I don't have the bing recognition software, I'm guessing it's because I'm in Thailand. When I go into bing all I see is Local Scout and Bing Vision, is this normal?

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Soundhound is the fastest and best in my experience. The built-in WP song recognition didn't work as well in WP7 on my old Focus. For more obscure music it didn't know the track. Twice I have been in department stores when a cool track came on...not even loud mind you...and Soundhound nailed it almost instantly both times. Shazam takes too long to load and fails sometimes.

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It is because you are in Thailand. Try setting your region to US, hard-resetting your phone and setting it up like you're from the US.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Okay, thanks. I'm not going to hard reset again, I can live with Soundhound for now. But why would song recognition have to be region locked, does not make sense. What's even weird is local scout is there but it lists nothing.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Soundhound is miles better. It's faster and it can find a song if you sing it yourself. I think shazam can't do that, correct me if I'm wrong though.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, SoundHound is better than Bing anyway. Bing is good and more convenient but often it fails and I fire up SH.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have both pinned to my homescreen, on some songs one will fail you but not the other. SoundHound recognises humming too which is neat.

Last edited:

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
^ Exactly. Get both for when one doesn't work. Or atleast until you find out which one you like better and which one recognises the music correctly the most often. I do that on my Android phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium