Best Podcasting solution for non US users?

Jips

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I use podcatcher.
Pretty good implementation thus far. Been doing a bit of feedback to the developer, as he is keen to make it better. Just fixed a minor bug I found, which should be released soon. Supports RSS links too. I have to admit though, the iPhone implementation of podcasts is vastly superior than WP8 which is a shame.
Zune should be rebranded as a new WMP with access to WP8 devices

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just tried Podcatcher as I wasn't happy with SlpashDash as it never seemed to remember the bit I got to in a Podcast. It is basic but does the job but would be nice to select options like only autodownlaod when on WiFi and actually see the download queue.

If only the guy that made Downcast would do one for Windows phone that app was handsdown the best one on my iPhone it really blew all others away with the quality.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree, I use Downcast on iPad and it's a killer. I suggested to Lazywormapps (MetroTube dev) making a podcast app instead of constantly fighting YouTube and Twitter over APIs. They would make an amazing job I'm sure.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well Podcatcher completely crashed on me last night to the point that when i pressed the tile the app launched and then just shut. I had to restart the phone to get to work.

It also seem to forget my position after I had watched a video and listened to some music, even though when I pressed play I got the message to say I has previously listened to this podcast do i want to continue from the last point only to have it start from the beginning again.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I suggest everyone reading this ask @lazywormapps for a podcast app. I know they're thinking about it, if they have enough people asking for it it might happen.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
If only the guy that made Downcast would do one for Windows phone that app was handsdown the best one on my iPhone it really blew all others away with the quality.

I wrote an email to them. I begged and I mean begged, them to make a WP8 version of downcast.

This was the reply:

[INFO]Paul,

A Windows version isn't ruled out, but it's not currently on the roadmap primarily because of limited resources at the moment. I will definitely add to my list to seriously consider.

Thanks for the interest!

[/INFO]

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I suggest everyone reading this ask @lazywormapps for a podcast app. I know they're thinking about it, if they have enough people asking for it it might happen.

Done

I wrote an email to them. I begged and I mean begged, them to make a WP8 version of downcast.

This was the reply:

[INFO]Paul,

A Windows version isn't ruled out, but it's not currently on the roadmap primarily because of limited resources at the moment. I will definitely add to my list to seriously consider.

Thanks for the interest!

[/INFO]

Think I will drop them a a email as well.

Lloyd Grose

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Tried apps quite a few recently as I need Podcasts to get me through my daily commute. WPodder, Slapdash, Podcatcher, Bringcast. They're ok nothing outstanding compared to IOS out of the box player. Only Bringcast gives me the ability to download and also resume the podcast from where I left off. Still can't believe that there is no scroll bar to move through the video does WP8 lock this functionality down? My 920 has frequent video\audio skipping problems but I believe it is WP8.

markamericana

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for probably sounding thick but I'm really struggling to understand how you get your podcasts on iTunes to appear on a WP8 device. I'm using the Windows 8 software on my PC and can't see how to make it sync with iTunes. Presumably this only needs to be done once, then once your phone sees the podcasts you can set them to autodownload from your phone from then on?

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how it works, I haven't tried it yet. I've taken the lazy option of walking with my iPad in my bag to listen to my podcasts :D

runam0k

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Wpodder is okay. At least it remembers where you get to in terms of listening to each podcast. It just doesn't auto download or auto delete.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how it works, I haven't tried it yet. I've taken the lazy option of walking with my iPad in my bag to listen to my podcasts :D

I don't think that solution works for outside the US. Our best bet is to use a 3rd party Podcast app. I use Slapdash at the moment because its available for both my Surface RT and Windows Phone. Its OK but no auto download, so got to stream or manualy download.

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea at all why the subscribe from phone option isn't available outside the US and if/when MS intend to correct it?

markamericana

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The thing I miss most from wp7 is the podcasts would just download automatically when a new one appeared. Every solution I've tried so far from the Store, you have to have the app open (or at least have opened it and then let it run in the background) for this to happen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos