WP8 Phone Backup

fredzlux

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
When I go to Backup, under Settings, "text messages" has "backup off". When I clik on "text messages", all I get is the messaging-settings page, to configure MMS and SMS centre number. How can I enable text messages backup?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Text messages are backed up to the cloud. So, the first question would be whether you've set up a Microsoft account and can successfully upload photos to SkyDrive.

try going to SkyDrive.com and log in using your Microsoft account credentials.

also refer to Backing up your stuff | Windows Phone How-to (United Kingdom) for more information.

I don't know why you don't have the option to backup text messages, but there's an implication from your other post that you've not fully set up an account on your phone.

there might also be restrictions based on your geographic location (some Microsoft Festus aren't available in some countries).

tonichi69

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I was searching for where WP8 backs up the text messages on my phone after I've enabled it in Settings -> Backup -> Text Messages when I came across this thread. I have the Skydrive app on my phone, but the messages are nowhere to be found within my Skydrive account.

Searches on the net yielded at least one speculation that it would be saved in a folder within Outlook.com, but nothing there either.

Windows Phone 8 to support SMS/MMS backup to Outlook.com | LiveSide.net

It has been two days since I enabled the feature and my MS account on my phone is set to sync daily.

Any ideas?

I greatly appreciate any help you can offer!

Thanks!
Tonichi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster