Can WP8 finally play WAV files via music player?

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
hey I get all my music on wax cylinders, can windows phone 8 play it yet..

oh wait.. seriously, it's like my client complaining they can't send business emails to personal AOL accounts...

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
hey I get all my music on wax cylinders, can windows phone 8 play it yet..

oh wait.. seriously, it's like my client complaining they can't send business emails to personal AOL accounts...

WAV is a common lossless format with no processing overhead. It's ridiculous to not support it on a mobile platform, especially one that deals with voice communications (in which wav is frequently used).

Given that WP supports ZERO lossless formats, wav would be welcome even for music, since mp3 and the like are quite grating on an audiophile's ears.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

DrewT3

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
MS does not allow other programs to handle WAV files like they do for some other file types so no third party software can correct this problem. At MS's pace we can expect a fix in WP11.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
WAV is a common lossless format with no processing overhead. It's ridiculous to not support it on a mobile platform, especially one that deals with voice communications (in which wav is frequently used).

Given that WP supports ZERO lossless formats, wav would be welcome even for music, since mp3 and the like are quite grating on an audiophile's ears.

WP8 supports WMA Lossless. That's what I use.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
WP8 supports WMA Lossless. That's what I use.

I thought it might but never tried. If you look at the list of officially supported formats, wma lossless isn't listed. I'll try it sometime later. What do you use to convert to that?

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I was able to play a wav file, but it isn't supported for ringtones.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo