Windows Phone... We're not for everybody....

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't hate either Apple or Google, not the people that use their products. Though I don't really trust Google.

WP certainly isn't for everyone. Though neither is IOS or Android, or Blackberry OS. I've never used an Android or IOS device so I cannot comment on their up's or down's. Microssoft, like Android or IOS wants you to invest in their ecosystem. If you are not prepared to do that then this probably is not the platform for you.

Of course, where else are you going to go? The competitors have the same requirement.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Its just a select few of very vocal irate windows phone lovers.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Really? Not sure what boards you've been reading but I've seen the exact opposite. Not that I disagree with you but when you have several hundred people coming here everyday and crying bloody murder for every little thing that is different from what they are used to; or that they can make-up, it does become fustrating.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Your probably right, I've just encountered a select few. Makes me reconsider my previous phone as that subforurm was a much friendlier community.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your probably right, I've just encountered a select few. Makes me reconsider my previous phone as that subforurm was a much friendlier community.

Dude, if you're going to reconsider your previous phone because some people on a forum are dickish, you probably should just not get any smartphone. Ever. :D

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Dude, if you're going to reconsider your previous phone because some people on a forum are dickish, you probably should just not get any smartphone. Ever. :D

meh, one x forums were coolio, but *gasp* its an android device that apparently has massive bugs, drains, bloat, crap, and its by far the worse invention in the entire world according to >50% of the WPC community

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
I've used all 4 OS's for more than a day:), all in all I just found WP to be more straight forward in the setup and easier to troubleshoot when I have someone ask me about the settings. I had only used the free apps on them all...but they all have their merrits. Android good for tinkering, IOS good for those that want something a large majority of people use (apps are usually out for it first), Blackberry good for business (sometimes), WP good for people who want something different or business use, or a solid OS that doesn't lock or slow down.

But that's my opinion:)

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've used all 4 OS's for more than a day:), all in all I just found WP to be more straight forward in the setup and easier to troubleshoot when I have someone ask me about the settings. I had only used the free apps on them all...but they all have their merrits. Android good for tinkering, IOS good for those that want something a large majority of people use (apps are usually out for it first), Blackberry good for business (sometimes), WP good for people who want something different or business use, or a solid OS that doesn't lock or slow down.

But that's my opinion:)

Im sorry, my experience here:

Ive had more force closes and random problems with WP8 than ive had with my android phone as of late.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know many people that hate Android or iOS. I do know a lot that don't personally like using those. Mainly it's a matter of preference.

It's not quite the same the other way. A lot of Android or iPhone users think that MS is some evil company.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ive had more force closes and random problems with WP8 than ive had with my android phone as of late.

Why does this shock anyone? WP8 is a *brand new* operating system, while Android is not (although it's somewhat slipshod, depending on the vendor). I know it cheeses people off when this is brought up, but look at Android when Android was at the same maturity level as WP8 is right now. Comparing WP8 to Android *now* is an unfair comparison.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Why does this shock anyone? WP8 is a *brand new* operating system, while Android is not (although it's somewhat slipshod, depending on the vendor). I know it cheeses people off when this is brought up, but look at Android when Android was at the same maturity level as WP8 is right now. Comparing WP8 to Android *now* is an unfair comparison.

So Excaliber can compare his situation with wp8 vs android, but the second i defend android the slightest] its blasphemy?

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
but if they advertise having Xbox video on windows phone 8, they better make sure it works in the first place

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So Excaliber can compare his situation with wp8 vs android, but the second i defend android the slightest its blasphemy?

You were defending Android? It's a more mature OS than is WP8, and after a several-year head start if it doesn't have fewer bugs and issues than WP8 it's doing it wrong. Does it really need defending?

To answer your question directly, I think its apples and oranges. I would hope that MS would learn from the successes and failures of other mobile OS's and build something that is easier to setup and troubleshoot. That's the easy part... but *every* 1.0 release has bugs, many which carry through to versions well beyond 1.0. Comparing the reliability of a 1.0 OS to a... what's Jelly Bean? 4.1 or something? Of course you're going to have fewer problems on the 4.1 release than you are a 1.0 release. That's just common sense.

It's like saying, "wow, my 5 year old son sure plays baseball a lot better than my 1 year old son does." Well... duh. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb