Unable to send Video with Whatsapp on lumia 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerjp

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Part of the story has been "due to security". Frankly, this problem should get more attention than it has. Be sure to provide the feedback to MS that you want this functionality.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If MS can not solve this issue now, it means Win phone will never be getting popular for sure. More and more people in the world from all ages will only go for Android or IOS. No more people would like to stick with such old style win phone then.

I am not going to call out the Tword, but "old style win phone" doesn't sell it.

There are about 50 other limitations that Windows Phone has, WP has only gone up in market share in two years, even if at the pace of a pregnant snail.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Also, those on about cannot share Videos "any other way too" - you can do it by email or upload it to Skydrive and share the link to as many apps as you want!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
If Nokia wants to survive for the coming years, is time to go for Android now ! Just like HTC or Samsung also provide WP .

FOR **** SAKE!

1) USE EDIT - in order to write more if your thought process is slower than typing!

2) STOP ranting about NOKIA and ANDROID. This is not the thread for that.

Mods - fancy some weekend clean up?!

Someone start a petition asking WhatsApp to update their buggy version for Windows Phone

Go on, do it!

Btw, Whatsapp is in a fine oligopoly in WP and close enough to make it a monopoly based on the userbase, so they don't give a rat's ass about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I think Microsoft should work hard & closely with Whatsapp; Facebook & China WeChatt in order to make it work as soon as possible. otherwise no one would like to get Nokia smartphone. As 90% smartphone users will send videos thru the above app on daily life. This is the fact and I really hope that Nokia & Microsoft can catch up this video issue in order to grab the market.

Or Nokia can also provide Android OS soon ! problem will be solved instantly and grab the smartphone market !

I have the same problem too on my new L920. I really hope that Microsoft can have more APP being developed soon and works the same as Android & iOS. especially solving the video issue with WhatsApp & other like Facebook app also.

This is not good. Microsoft must solve this video issue , sending video is important for connecting people. especially for family members. Otherwise, there is no fun or useless for using window smartphone at all.

If Nokia smartphone want to be the top seller among the market, especially in Asian market, I can tell you that Microsoft need to let the developer able to access the video database. If not , people will not consider using window phone at all and will only pick Samsung or IPhone or any other Android sony or htc. & Motorola or Even New Blackberry 10 for sure.

When my friend , customer or relatives asking me to send some videos to them through Whatsapp, Facebook, WeChatt etc. I told them that sorry my new L920 is not able to send videos on the above. I feel so embarrassed as my new Nokia L920 is useless. But the phone is not cheap and it shocked all my friends. No one wants to buy such an expensive smartphone phone for not able to send video. What a joke !

I totally agree with you. not only Whatsapp, Facebook and WeChatt (China) too. video send no, no, no, no matter how good it takes but is useless as can not be shared. That's sucks.

Will try it again next week. Hopefully it will work, if not , I think that may have to wait till Window Blue being released later this year for improving the mobile OS.

It is. Not possible to attach previous video at all.

Same as before.

Still not possible to send the recorded video through whatapp ; Facebook etc. on lumia 920

Is time for Nokia to launch Android phone soon for catching up at least 3 times of its smartphone market share now.

If MS can not solve this issue now, it means Win phone will never be getting popular for sure. More and more people in the world from all ages will only go for Android or IOS. No more people would like to stick with such old style win phone then.

It is better for Nokia to have both Win & Android phone. More choices for Nokia users.

As Nokia is trying to turn around this year , if not succeed with WP this year. Nokia is running out of business for sure. I deeply believe that it is time for Nokia to launch Andriod soon for coming back, otherwise is too late for catching up. frankly , 98% of smartphone users in Asia , especially in China only like using Android. This is the fact and will continue. If ppl can afford , they will prefer
IPhone after Android. Especially Lower cost Samsung smartphone (android) is eating up the Indian market for the coming years.

If Nokia wants to survive for the coming years, is time to go for Android now ! Just like HTC or Samsung also provide WP .

Sense you just keep saying the same thing over and over I merged your posts together. Do not post multiple time in a row if you forgot something edit your last post or wait till someone else replies before posting again. When quoting please use multi-quote.

austinlam

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your advise, I am doing this over & over because we can not see any improvement from Microsoft or Nokia after posting our feedbacks . Just want to keep reminding the Microsoft guys to work on the same issue but disappointed.

Also would like to let you know that there is nothing to do with Whatapp or other App as Microsoft does not allow app developer to access the video library .
And the Facebook app using on WP is developed by Microsoft only and still can not send prerecord video.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your advise, I am doing this over & over because we can not see any improvement from Microsoft or Nokia after posting our feedbacks . Just want to keep reminding the Microsoft guys to work on the same issue but disappointed.

You want to post on these places, not on WPCentral, if you really want Microsoft or Nokia to listen to you and talk to you:

Windows Phone Support | Xbox LIVE | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone (United States)
Nokia Lumia - Nokia Support Discussions

Good luck!

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

Also would like to let you know that there is nothing to do with Whatapp or other App as Microsoft does not allow app developer to access the video library .
And the Facebook app using on WP is developed by Microsoft only and still can not send prerecord video.

I upload videos to Facebook all the time. You understand you have to go to the camera role and pick share in the three dot menus then chose Facebook. Have you tried to do it that way? Am I missing something?

I don't use whatsapp so I don't know can you share videos to whatsapp in the picture hub?

austinlam

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everone,

Thanks Dave and i will try it.

For Facebook, you can not attach prerecord video through message also.

Do you guys mind sharing your opinions like how many of you want to switch to Other brand phone ?

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
This is bigger than WhatsApp. Microsoft needs to grant access to the video library for YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and WhatsApp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte