Text Message Major Issues

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Today, my Lumia 920 developed a problem where I can type a text message but the SEND button will not send the message. And often times, I click on the messaging app and it will act like it is opening but go back to start screen. Right now, I cannot send or even receive text messages. If I reboot, I can get messages that were went to be but I still cannot send.

If I exit the app and go back into it, sometimes it will just sit on CONNECTING and never connect. Is this connecting to SMS service, messenger or both?

If I go into a thread and since I can't send, I exit back, it will show NO MESSAGES under threads.
Also, if I try to delete a thread, it will just sit on "Deleting Thread"...

I've rebooted several times today with no luck. I am also getting false new mail notifications as well but not sure if it is related.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Back when I was on a Samsung Captivate, I had a problem where I could not send MMS messages. SMS's would work great, but MMS's would always fail. Turns out it was a problem with my account, something left over from the iPhone 3GS config I swapped from.

So I'd contact your provider, ask them for help. They may have you do a reset on your phone, so make sure your stuff is backed up before you call.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Back when I was on a Samsung Captivate, I had a problem where I could not send MMS messages. SMS's would work great, but MMS's would always fail. Turns out it was a problem with my account, something left over from the iPhone 3GS config I swapped from.

So I'd contact your provider, ask them for help. They may have you do a reset on your phone, so make sure your stuff is backed up before you call.

Nothing changed with my plan and my wife's Lumia 920 is good. My message count for messages is not working either. Message counts will not change. This is discouraging...

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nothing changed with my plan and my wife's Lumia 920 is good. My message count for messages is not working either. Message counts will not change. This is discouraging...

Nothing changed with mine, either (I forgot to mention that MMS's were fine until a week or two after I had the phone). If everything is fine on your wife's phone, contact your provider. Something might be awry with your account and if not, they can swap the phone for you if needed.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I just checked my email+account screen and my Microsoft Account, Twitter and Work Email accounts are all "stuck" in syncing and will not stop, even after a reboot and soft reset. Something is really hosed here.

freetail

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you're alone - something has happened today that is causing all sorts of weird things. Not just on Lumia 920 or US networks either, but around the world it seems. Suggest you go to this threat and post your details to Microsoft:
Text Message "Can't Send" in WP8 - Microsoft Community

My phone started with the same issue but has now extended beyond text to email and now all the Hubs (people, calendar, music). Everything is starting to malfunction.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Skype installed? If so, uninstall it. WPCentral reported they had the same problem and it went away after Skype was uninstalled.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Do you have Skype installed? If so, uninstall it. WPCentral reported they had the same problem and it went away after Skype was uninstalled.

This is the fix!!!! That did it!!! May need to start a new thread (with thanks to iamtim) about this...SO did NOT want to factory reset!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... I haven't installed Skype yet for this reason. I'll wait until the final release when they've (hopefully) got this issue handled.

Glad to be of help. :)

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah... I haven't installed Skype yet for this reason. I'll wait until the final release when they've (hopefully) got this issue handled.

Glad to be of help. :)

You rock! And in my honest opinion, I've ALWAYS found Skype to be one mess of a program. I only have it because I am getting used to it since it will be come the new "live messenger" and the Messaging App in Windows 8 doesn't support video chat (go figure)

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had this issue yet. My wife on the other hand just started having it. We both left iPhones too. Skype has been working fine for me. Now she can't delete text msgs.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Skype... It also nukes my OneX+ Android... They have some serious QC issues...

Not "flaming" Skype or anything but I've NEVER had a good experience with it...it always seemed half baked and messy to me. I hope they get this resolved before it becomes the new "Live Messenger."

MrRAG

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem too and other bugs. I shall uninstall Skype and see what happens...

Uninstalled Skype, emails came through but still experiencing many problems, like...
Unable to send / recieve text messages. Not recieving emails. Opening apps are sending me straight back to home screen. Become extremely slow at loading. Games are crashing. This is all out of the blue, my 920 has worked wonderfully for a week...

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it really relates to Skype. I have had no issue with it. My issue is that my wife has the same phone and can't delete text or send. Send and receive seem to be directly related to wether u set yourself to available or not. So if you set it to unavailable then you can't send or receive text msgs. But the deleting of msgs makes no sense at all. I learned real quick....don't start music then plug a headset or speakers in, it kills all sound. What exactly is everyone setting in the msg app? What about email accounts? Microsoft is trying to connect all these accounts and I am wondering if that is causing a hiccup in the system. I noticed gmail didn't play friendly the first time I set it up, so I deleted it and added it back. Been fine since.

Sumit8

May 5, 2012
Visit site
i got the same issues.
Text, Mail Accounts, me-Hub... they all send me back to the homescreen. Sometimes i come through, but texts are send randomly. Sometimes i can't send at all.
I don't recieve Mails and Texts right away.

Sidenotes:
I had Skype installed. Uninstalling it brought no help.
Problem started when i changed my plan on my carrier to LTE (yesterday)
MS Account seem to be stuck in "syncing" when i check the settings

mattbx096

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a lumia 822 and i just started having this problem. I installed skype today to. I uninstalled it and put my self in offline but im still unable to send text. None of the icons on the bottom work for me (Send, attach, voice). Not sure what to do... send button just not working for text. was working fine before

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb