So incoming calls will not stop music

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I think this might be stupid but can I suppose incoming call will stop music like iPhone? I missed several calls because of assuming it will play the ringtone when calls ring

mud314

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Just tried this on my 822 and the music did stop while an incoming call was coming through. Tried it through both apps: Nokia Music and native app.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think this might be stupid but can I suppose incoming call will stop music like iPhone? I missed several calls because of assuming it will play the ringtone when calls ring

Music stops, but if you're receiving a text message, it actually will mute the call for you and play the entire notification sound over your call. A great feature! I guess MS didn't think people were going to use their WP8 devices as phones.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
My music will only stop if it's on speaker and the phone is set to ring + vibrate. But the music will go on if it's on headphones or it's set to vibrate only.

austinlewis

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the Lumia 920. When I have headphones in, music playback does not stop for incoming calls or text messages. It does vibrate, but no sound. This is a bummer. If I'm walking down the street or have my phone on my desk at work, it's hard to feel the vibrate. Like jaqueh said, I guess they didn't think people would want to use these things as phones!!

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe they considered that you wouldn't want to be blasted in the eardrums if you're listening to music with the volume up by a sudden alert or ring.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss