Viber on WP8

culater1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have one condition about WP8-functional viber app. Few months ago, I had Omnia 7 and Viber was terrible, not functional at all.
So my question is, how Viber works on WP8? If Viber works on WP8 like it works on Android/iOS I will buy Nokia Lumia.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Details for the app indicate that voice isn't currently supported for vibe messenger. It's "coming soon".

culater1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What about real-time notifications? I had problem with that before.
I'm not using voice calls anyway, so only thing I need is real-time notifications and normal Viber/Whatsapp.
Thanks.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have one condition about WP8-functional viber app. Few months ago, I had Omnia 7 and Viber was terrible, not functional at all.
So my question is, how Viber works on WP8? If Viber works on WP8 like it works on Android/iOS I will buy Nokia Lumia.

Viber works great on WP8, I can't complain. Other apps to consider:

• Talkbox
  • Heytell

Last edited:

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!

@culater1: Viber calls are not available yet for WP8, but we;re working on it and hopefully it will be ready soon!
RE: Notifications - It should work, we haven't encountered any issues so far. :)

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to assist.
Thanks,
Viber

culater1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

@culater1: Viber calls are not available yet for WP8, but we;re working on it and hopefully it will be ready soon!
RE: Notifications - It should work, we haven't encountered any issues so far. :)

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to assist.
Thanks,
Viber

I am glad to see this post. My problem was real-time notifications on WP7, that was reason why was I change my Omnia 7 for SGS3.
Now, I want go back to WP8 and I am so close, only thing I need is to be sure that Viber is working better than before.
Thanks a lot.
P.S. sorry for some grammar mistakes, I am not so good at english.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
for my 920, Viber just crashes with error log after I received my first message from a friend. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't change this behaviour.

juergenr

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a brand new HTC 8x and Viber 2.1 installed and am deeply disappointed.
No group functionality, no live tile updates about new messages and no phone calls via viber.
You get the group messages as toast messages, however when you start the viber app, they appear nowhere or worse in really strange messaging threads that let the app crash.

I was using viber on the iphone before that and I loved it, all my friends use it, because of the free phone call feature via 3G.
However now I am trying to convince them to move back to Whats App - which is really brilliant on the WP8 and skype for making phone calls..
I know that more features should be working on Lumia Phones though - however the Lumia 920 is simply too heavy and too big for me, so I chose HTC 8x.

Guys from Viber could you please finally announce when you will have Viber working on WP8 for everyone not only Lumia phones??
Please I would love to stick with viber ..

Conclusio: currently - unless you have a lumia phone - not speaking for those - hands off from viber :-( use whats app or something similar..

Spirited

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks,
Viber

does it really take that much time to roll out the voice call?
viber notification gets problem on my lumia 920...it does not show the number of new msg on the tile...
i have removed viber from the home screen....for messaging, whatsapp is good enough...

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
its been "coming soon" for the last year, then about 3 months ago it was coming very soon and then about a month or so ago it was coming real soon, according to Viber, so I am guessing in a couple of months if we can go by their crappy track record!

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Viber for Windows Phone 8 has been released.
You should be able to see and download it soon via Market Place. Here is the list of fully compatible devices for our WP8 app: WP - supported devices

We'd be happy to receive feedback from you :)

Best regards,
the Viber Team.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss