Copy & paste

West.Egg

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

WP8 newbie here. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to copy & paste text from emails. I can select and copy text that I've typed in myself, but I can't copy (for example) a paragraph from an email somebody sent me. Is it impossible or am I just missing something? Thanks in advance.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I copy text from emails fairly regularly, you just tap the word to highlight it and then drag the ends as needed. I just went and tested it, seems to be working fine. I don't know why it seems to be being strange for you.

seraphim19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Jaethos is right works for me as well. Highlight the stuff you need, tap the bubble above the highlighted area , then tap the past bubble on the keyboard when you're in the area you need to paste to.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can be pretty hit and miss though, so takes a bit of practice if you don't have nimble fingers.

West.Egg

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, everybody. Of course I'm able to get it to work now -- but I swear, I spent 20 minutes with it last night and could. not. select. anything!!

And thanks for the tip on tapping & holding for the cursor. I used iPhones for six years before this and it worked the same way, except that the cursor would be right under your finger, making it tough to see where you were putting it. With WP8 it pops up slightly above your finger so you can actually see where it's going -- a really nice touch, IMHO (no pun intended :winktongue:).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa