Ringtone volume

rgba32bit

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to figure out ringtone volume control. This is my first smartphone (8X) coming from a. Simple flip phone it seems unworkable to have the ringtone volume connected to the app & game volume. Am I missing something?

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the phone essentially has 2 volumes:

1) In-call volume, on a scale of 1-10 (same setting applies to speakerphone)
2) Everything else, on a scale of 0-30.

This is one of the more common gripes.

Here is your workaround if you do not want to hear notifications while playing a game (or listening to music) : Begin playing the game/music, and set the volume how you want it. Press the volume rocker up or down, and then tap the button on the top right in order to toggle from ring + vibrate to just vibrate. Your app and music will play normally, but you will just get vibrated for texts and calls, etc.

rgba32bit

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I should also say that the phone/os is great overall. My worry about it isn't a loud ring during a game but missing a call because I turned the volume down during a game. For me it would be nice to just have a option in settings to set the ringtone volume. Anyhow thanks for the reply I can't tell you how cool the phone is after sitting on the smartphone sidelines for so long.

mdameron

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure if you receive a call while in-game the call takes over your screen. I don't think what you're worried about is possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss