Music not in cloud

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I wasnt aware my music was going to automatically be uploaded to the cloud...thats a plus. But it seems not all my music is there, even the stuff I got with my Zune pass. Also Is there away I can get the music from my main (dying) computer on the the cloud?

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know how that feature would work before I got my 920 and I'm still not sure. After I set up my phone but before I transferred any music, the cloud music appeared but I'm not sure how the music was selected. It seemed like a random assortment of music I purchased with Zune pass. You can do a long click on your cloud music to download it to the phone. You should be able to access your purchases from a PC via the Zune client. Not sure how to do it exactly but if you tool around for a minute or two you should be able to find out.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
If you have Windows 8, you can do the following:

Go to Album/Song view (doesn't work in Artist view for no apparent reason)
Right-click an album
In the bar at the bottom of the screen, click Match Album Info (you might have to click the three dots to access the extra options)
Follow the steps to find the right album

If done correctly (and if the songs are actually streamable from the cloud; not all are, for example red hot chili peppers if I remember) a little picture of a cloud should appear next to your album. This states that it is in your cloud collection and is available to stream/download to other devices.

Check out http://m.winsupersite.com/article/windows8/windows-8-tip-match-music-144730 for a more in-depth guide.

One thing you should be aware of: you are not uploading, but matching to songs already in the cloud. So if you have, say, a live version which is not in the cloud, your best option would be to simply upload it to SkyDrive using the SkyDrive app, though I'm not sure whether that's technically allowed under the terms and conditions.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
If you have Windows 8, you can do the following:

Go to Album/Song view (doesn't work in Artist view for no apparent reason)
Right-click an album
In the bar at the bottom of the screen, click Match Album Info (you might have to click the three dots to access the extra options)
Follow the steps to find the right album

If done correctly (and if the songs are actually streamable from the cloud; not all are, for example red hot chili peppers if I remember) a little picture of a cloud should appear next to your album. This states that it is in your cloud collection and is available to stream/download to other devices.

Check out http://m.winsupersite.com/article/windows8/windows-8-tip-match-music-144730 for a more in-depth guide.

One thing you should be aware of: you are not uploading, but matching to songs already in the cloud. So if you have, say, a live version which is not in the cloud, your best option would be to simply upload it to SkyDrive using the SkyDrive app, though I'm not sure whether that's technically allowed under the terms and conditions.

That's spot on. You need to be careful if you have a lot of various artists and complications albums. They will make a mess of your cloud index. I had a bunch of album covers but only had one song from the album in my collection. I was able to clean my cloud index however.

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on 7 but thinking of upgrading to 8 this weekend. I finally have a problem though I think....is anyone else's volume really low when playing anything thats not from Nokia Music?

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is this only for the Zune or Xbox Music pass? I don't show any of my music in the cloud. I don't have the music pass service though.

same question for me.

on my windows 8 PC, i see radio signals next to some of the songs (indicating they're available on the cloud), but my windows phone 8 device does not display anything. (Yes, i'm logged into the same windows live account on both devices)

is this something for subscription only? I thought this was supposed to be a free feature

edit: the cloud feature is enabled on both devices as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos