Who do we complain to and where?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks. So I see a great deal of complaints about WP8 and what it is missing and all that. The big question for me is who do we voice our complaiints to? Is there a dedicated reliable source we can submit our complaints to? I'm not sure Microsoft is getting a true feel for what some users actually feel about their OS. I've written HTC and Nokia. Both lame responses for different issues. But now I want to speak to someone at MS that can really give a damn about the progression and success of the platform.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you honestly believe Microsoft don't read this stuff? Do you think Microsoft are going to change their strategy because of one mail? Will you add anything the press havnt highlighted?
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you honestly believe Microsoft don't read this stuff? Do you think Microsoft are going to change their strategy because of one mail? Will you add anything the press havnt highlighted?
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express
By your logic, it would seem that it's better not to write then since you think that I think MY ONE MAIL will make a difference. Of course MY ONE MAIL isn't going to make then drop everything they are doing and follow my letter. But the whole point is that if enough people write to the right people instead of a lowly customer service agent who could care less about your concern, then you might be able to collectively make some sort of impression on these guys. I'm sure people look at all the comments, but are the right people looking at them? Who knows. Some of those people could be there to simply collect a check. Some people might actually care. For instance, I hear so many great things about Nokia's responsiveness and support, but when I wrote them about a concern of mine through their general complaints page, the response seemed very cut and paste and very impersonal or uninformative.

So quit being a sauerkraut about my inquiry and keep it moving. Have a nice day "mate"

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
By your logic, it would seem that it's better not to write then since you think that I think MY ONE MAIL will make a difference. Of course MY ONE MAIL isn't going to make then drop everything they are doing and follow my letter. But the whole point is that if enough people write to the right people instead of a lowly customer service agent who could care less about your concern, then you might be able to collectively make some sort of impression on these guys. I'm sure people look at all the comments, but are the right people looking at them? Who knows. Some of those people could be there to simply collect a check. Some people might actually care. For instance, I hear so many great things about Nokia's responsiveness and support, but when I wrote them about a concern of mine through their general complaints page, the response seemed very cut and paste and very impersonal or uninformative.

So quit being a sauerkraut about my inquiry and keep it moving. Have a nice day "mate"

I think the point is that you were already told several points of contact and you either didn't want to use them, or you expressed doubt as to their veracity. Some of us have been around the block a time or two, have communicated with these people, have had our gripes heard, and have seen the rewards of our efforts. On the day that Windows Phone 8 launched, I know that I received at least a half a dozen emails, all from Uservoice, communicating to me that the issue was closed. These were issues that I had voted for on Windows Phone, items that were now present in Windows Phone 8.

Take a chill pill and either follow the advice that you asked for or don't.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks people for your constructive and informative posts. I will utilize these avenues in hopes of contributing to the overall voice of WP8 concerns.

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is reading this, right now, always. There are people that do nothing but sit on the internet all day and monitor this. That said how fast can one expect a response or a change. We know that WP8 was probably rushed to get the phones to market ahead of BB10 to try and cut into their user base, and to get the phones out ahead of Black Friday. Are there some issues? Sure. Do they know about them? Yes. No doubt. Are they going to get fixed? Yes but instituting the changes while the phones are in the wild takes time. Would we have complained if we were forced to wait and get a more polished product? Absolutely. People were literally crawling the walls to get to new hardware. So we're just going to have to be patient. As someone who has used Android over the last few years I can say that these issues are fairly minor to the completely broken Android builds/apps over the last few years. I have two apps completely unresponsive on my Nexus 7 running Jelly Bean!

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I encourage feedback, but done correctly.

Take the user suggestion forum for WP. It's a @&?)ing shambles. Nobody ever takes the time to read it, find that there is already an entry for their problem, vote and comment on the same entry. Everyone thinks their entry is the most important, and we have hundreds of similar posts that get lost due to their one or two votes.

Now you imagine you are Stephen Elop, or Steve Balmer, or whoever, your email address leaks online, and you start getting loads of emails about the same stuff. Would you actually care after reading the same stuff for the nth time? You have a multi million dollar company to run, and someone is whining about ringtones, or a notification centre.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Seems like if they are getting the same thing over and over again, then those are the issues that may need to be looked at. The one offs may be the ones that should be ignored.
I encourage feedback, but done correctly.

Take the user suggestion forum for WP. It's a @&?)ing shambles. Nobody ever takes the time to read it, find that there is already an entry for their problem, vote and comment on the same entry. Everyone thinks their entry is the most important, and we have hundreds of similar posts that get lost due to their one or two votes.

Now you imagine you are Stephen Elop, or Steve Balmer, or whoever, your email address leaks online, and you start getting loads of emails about the same stuff. Would you actually care after reading the same stuff for the nth time? You have a multi million dollar company to run, and someone is whining about ringtones, or a notification centre.