Need Help from WP8 Guru's

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi There. I am sort of new to WP7 and WP8. 6 Years of BlackBerry's.

I have L920 (personal) and L800(work phone)

When I signed in to my windowsphone.com account to delete my L800 off the list since I created a new live account for this as well as I am on exchange for this phone however I accidentally deleted my L920 instead. Now I don't have any phones showing as registered. As a result I can't even push applications to my L920 via the web.

My question is, does it automatically re-register on its own? Is there a way to re-register my L920 manually? Or do I have to do a wipe on the phone?

Any input would be appreciated.

Sanpd

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I've just checked on windowsphone.com and you need to reset the phone in order to re-add it to your microsoft account.

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I know I am asking a lot of you guys, but another question.

How often does backup actually backup? I ask this since deleting the L920 also deleted my backups as well.

I don't have an issue doing another wipe, but if I can avoid it would be better :)

Sanpd

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I know I am asking a lot of you guys, but another question.

How often does backup actually backup? I ask this since deleting the L920 also deleted my backups as well.

I don't have an issue doing another wipe, but if I can avoid it would be better :)

It is not sure it deleted your backup, unless you chekced off the checkbox when deleting your 920 otherwise it should still store the backup data.

Sanpd

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Also I find it a bit funny that we have almost the exact same setup. Nokia Lumia 920 (Private) and Nokia Lumia 800 (Work).

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes I deleted the backup as well thinking it was the Lumia 800 instead since I wanted to completely clear my work phone off the list.

It isn't a big deal, I can start over. Is there an app that will backup my apps? .... wait that wouldn't work now would it since I don't have a registered phone.

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Also I find it a bit funny that we have almost the exact same setup. Nokia Lumia 920 (Private) and Nokia Lumia 800 (Work).

XD, Well I got the Lumia 800 as a gift from the Nokia rep that came in to do a presentation, I was using BB9800 for work at that time. Not going to lie prior to WP7.5 I detested all windows phones but the L800 changed that.

When the L920 came out I decided to replace my personal BlackBerry 9900 with it since RIM has really disappointed me lately. I don't have high hopes for the BB10. (and this is saying a lot since I have been BlackBerry supported for almost 7 years)

I am a BB admin so I know them in and out, WP8 I am still learning but its baby steps I suppose.

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
****UPDATE****

I reset my phone and re-added my MS account. It restored my previous back up even though when I deleted the phone and asked it to delete backup data.

GREAT!!!!

However, I am a bit concerned. I asked it to delete the backup data but it did not. Some people may be concerned about this for security purposes. Maybe this is just one off thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99