Xbox Live Integration

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think MS failed to recognize one of their own strengths. My son is 15 and he talks to his friends on Xbox Live more than he texts them or talks to them on the phone. Xbox Live is a legitimate means of communication and a significant form of contact information.

I think MS should have integrated Xbox Live into the People hub and individual contact information.
I should be able to open a contact and see "send message on Xbox Live" as an option.
A contact hub should include an Xbox Live spoke.
A contact tile should show beacons and other Xbox Live notifications on them.
They could use Xbox Live messaging in the messaging app.

These features would be HUGE to my son and his friends.

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What about smartglass? The concept is nice. But not being able to use your phone's keyboard to input makes it look like a big design flaw.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's smartglass version 1, so improvements may occur. With the Xbox live integration, I think the reason for not being included in the core people hub is that it can take a few seconds to sign in to Xbox live at the start of a session. I don't think that many people would appreciate that wait while the people hub opens. I prefer having my Xbox separate to my people hub.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's smartglass version 1, so improvements may occur. With the Xbox live integration, I think the reason for not being included in the core people hub is that it can take a few seconds to sign in to Xbox live at the start of a session. I don't think that many people would appreciate that wait while the people hub opens. I prefer having my Xbox separate to my people hub.

That's a good point, although they seem to integrate facebook and twitter without there being a delay to sign on, and it gives me the option to "mention on twitter" or "write on wall." I don't know if the Xbox Live sign on has more overhead than the facebook or twitter sign on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos