Any Car Stereo Support?

Joey Ganassa

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Reviving this thread.... any updates on an aftermarket car stereo that supports WP8.1? My Clarion NX501 does Bluetooth streaming great, but I want to see my songs and album appear on the headunit. This might be a limitation of the head unit. Just looking for a better unit!

Mattsessions

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I have an after market JVC radio and was not able to get it to work via the bluetooth, hopefully this will be able to work in the near future as I have plugged my same phone into a Chevy Cruze USB for the radio and it played the songs that I had on my device. When I did plug it in I didn't have the 8.1 Dev Preview at that time, and haven't tried it since.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have no means of testing this, but make sure you are not testing with DRMed music (Xbox Music Pass) for those of you who are trying.

nikholaspappas

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Kenwood DDX371. I had a L920 and I now have an Icon. When using Bluetooth, sometimes the phone does not connect right away, or the first time. A bit annoying. Once the phone is connected, the Deck shows "Windows Phone" on the screen. Shows the Track, artist and album info and allows me to skip forward and backwards. It works with whatever program I am using (Xbox Music, MixRadio, CloudMuzik). All in all works well except for the connection issues. It does not work on the USB input though

Julian Garces

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 too, and I recently bought a lighting audio touch screen stereo system and installed it myself. I'm having the same problem as I can't charge my phone an play music at the same time by USB. I can only due it by Bluetooth but there's acouple features I can't use because my phone won't connect by USB. They need to fix this soon :(

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a 920 and my wife a 1520. I can tell you that they both work on our 13 Malibu's MyLink Infotainment system. The funny thing is it says that it's certified for Vista devices which was odd. The main thing I did notice is the music she has is loaded onto the SD card and mine onboard obviously. It will play my music fine with no problem. Her music it will not play because it's not on the main 16GB onboard memory. I work in Car Audio and will be testing a few units with my phone to see if it will pick it up and charge as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720