Artist background etc. for individual songs/albums

x2josh

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
(I have a Nokia 920 for reference)

I'm having problems with artist information showing up for a lot of songs in my music library. Some of them work, some of them don't, regardless of where I got the music or what program I used to get the tags from. The most frustrating problem right now is that my phone recognizes the artist and shows the artist background and info if I navigate to it from the "artist" screen in the music hub, BUT for the actual album, it doesn't show a background when playing, and the store does not recognize that I have the song in my collection (it gives me the option of purchasing it, rather than saying "in collection").

Basically, my phone knows I have an artist on my phone, but not any songs from that artist. I've tried tagging with iTunes, MediaMonkey, MusicBee, MP3Tag....nothing is working.

x2josh

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hm, that solves the problem of the album artwork, but not of the artist background (the picture generated from the windows music store). On the main artist page, where all the albums are listed that I have loaded, the background is a picture of the artist. But when I play an individual song, no such picture is there....

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Hm, that solves the problem of the album artwork, but not of the artist background (the picture generated from the windows music store). On the main artist page, where all the albums are listed that I have loaded, the background is a picture of the artist. But when I play an individual song, no such picture is there....
Okay, here is what you need to do to get the background art.

1/ Make sure that Zune associates the artist on your phone with the one in the store. If it does, there will be a down arrow under the word "marketplace" in the Music+Videos > music > (your artist) > albums page to further view their collection.
2/ Press the down arrow and preview a song from the artist. The artists background should appear for the preview song.
3/ Now press back and listen to the song you have by the artist. The album art should now be in the background of the song. That is how you know this process has worked.

Most songs you bring in will not be properly associated with the Zune artists. Even if you "find album info" on Zune before putting the song on your phone, the likeliness of proper artist association increases but still isn't guaranteed. The only way to guarantee proper association is if you bought the song from the Zune store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos