Windows Phone 8.1 "Apollo Plus"

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Four months with only bug fixes.... They are making sure I will not get a WP again?
Windows Phone needs little feature additions and bugs fixes more than anything else. If Microsoft keeps on releasing stuff like DataSense and Wallet instead of those, they will be making sure I will not get a WP again.

Ludwig1976

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Obviously, MS will release only unneeded features and bug fixes, in WP8 future upgrades. All the rest, will be released in WP9, WP10, etc. and will require you to buy new phones.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been gaming a lot latterly, and have missed more than one call due to the volume issue. I'd love to see that addressed. (i.e. separate media & phone volume)

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My only complaints are a way to close apps from multitasking screen like webOS, a better voice assistant (Bing Now, anyone?), and wallpapers or designs for start screen. Mostly cosmetic changes.

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
If I am not mistaken, didn't they fix the WiFi bug in Portico? I know I have an option in my WiFi settings to keep WiFi on while the screen is locked.

TheXFather

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
i don't get it, i don't have this so called wifi bug, also the wifi network search is turned off while lock screen which adds a ton more time to your battery, cause it doesn't keep searching for signals every time u move or lose signal.
maybe i just don't notice. but i'm not over 50 mb of traffic and i'm at 14 days since my month started (with wifi at home and at work).

also this:wp_ss_20130128_0001.png

Last edited:

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If I am not mistaken, didn't they fix the WiFi bug in Portico? I know I have an option in my WiFi settings to keep WiFi on while the screen is locked.
Yeah, it's fixed. Someone (for their first post!) bumped an old thread from the beginning of December.

Edit: For clarification, this is the thread that was bumped. This is an old thread from December, pre-Portico, to anyone who sees this :)

Last edited:

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have used 2GB in 12 days of my billing cycle with an identical use case of my iPhone 4. On my iPhone 4, the most data I used in a month is 1.5 GB when including streaming Slingbox for ~1 full football game.

On WP8, I have done nothing nearly as data intensive and am connected to wifi at home and work (so 90% of the time), yet am on pace to to use over 3 times as much data...

Then you need to turn off background processes and check your app settings. I don't have a data issue at all.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Then you need to turn off background processes and check your app settings. I don't have a data issue at all.
This issue you quoted was pre-Portico and with the same use case a month later, this issue is fixed post-Portico. It was purely related to streaming audio and using BT headphones. When I would hit pause on the headphones, wifi would turn off since the screen was off. When hitting play on the headphones, wifi would not resume since the screen stayed off resulting in the majority of my streaming being cellular instead of wifi.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
After using BB7, Android, iOS, WP7.5 and now WP8 wich is a good OS with many plusses and my favorite, i still would like to see following improvements.

-IE10 Desktop to mobile bookmarks sync.
-Xbox Movies & Music purchase improvements (ecosystem wide availability of purchases W(P)8(RT) + Xbox 360).
-Vpn should be included (mandatory for business).
-Seperate volume controls.
-Notification center.
-Cal/Cardav.

-Also porting apps from iOS/Android should be made easier and better.

Most improvemts have been discussed already, this is my list of most important changes that should be adressed.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been gaming a lot latterly, and have missed more than one call due to the volume issue. I'd love to see that addressed. (i.e. separate media & phone volume)

Yeah, I'm bewildered this has been an ongoing issue. My old Nokia N95 from 2006, running Symbian for frick's sake---Symbian!!----had no problem with independent volume control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss