Windows Phone 8.1 "Apollo Plus"

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
According to the Verge, VPN support, wireless fix (always on), audio improvements and a notification center are all possible, as well as other bug fixes.

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. iOS doesn't do off cycle bugfixes unless the bug is a complete show stopper and Android doesn't do them even if the bug is a show stopper.

So far they have a group of minor (and yes they are minor) bugs to squash and some functionality slated to be added. About as expected.

Now if they want to make me REALLY smile include text reflow in IE - and also patch Microsoft Reader to do the same and to allow you to edit the history.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Why? Does every other year phone give you new features every 4 months? Last I checked, Android handsets are waiting for official updates that were released 2 years ago
if Xbox music does sync and playlists, if we can watch Xbox video, if we can secure storage card and connect to exchange ActiveSync, if PDF reader allows delete and there is a way to choose from fast resume and new app instance, i will not complain.....

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Am I the only one who doesn't think that the Wi-Fi "bug" isn't an issue?
I have used 2GB in 12 days of my billing cycle with an identical use case of my iPhone 4. On my iPhone 4, the most data I used in a month is 1.5 GB when including streaming Slingbox for ~1 full football game.

On WP8, I have done nothing nearly as data intensive and am connected to wifi at home and work (so 90% of the time), yet am on pace to to use over 3 times as much data...

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Whether the competiton pushes updates or not is irrelevant. There are some pretty huge issues (reboots, crashes, freezes) that need addressing. There are also plenty of features WP8 is missing that have come to be considered basic. MS can;t just do what others are doing. They are playing catch up. They need to bring the features in between the "big" updates, or else this platform will not see the adoption that it needs to be viable.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have used 2GB in 12 days of my billing cycle with an identical use case of my iPhone 4. On my iPhone 4, the most data I used in a month is 1.5 GB when including streaming Slingbox for ~1 full football game.

On WP8, I have done nothing nearly as data intensive and am connected to wifi at home and work (so 90% of the time), yet am on pace to to use over 3 times as much data...

Something is wonky with your settings. Unless you are getting emails by the truckload, I can't see how your phone, while idle, is downloading this much data.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Something is wonky with your settings. Unless you are getting emails by the truckload, I can't see how your phone, while idle, is downloading this much data.
It is likely due to music streaming changing from wifi to LTE when the screen goes off...which I did plenty on my iPhone 4 that would stay connected to wifi networks for streaming...

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I hope they don't do a half ass job with the Wifi I find it extremely annoying that no matter what signal strength you have for your Wifi connection it always reports as full strength you can only see the real connection if you go into the WiFi settings. That just seems like the silliest implementation possible.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought it would stick with whatever connection you were using when it started. The issue I have read about that was because they started streaming stuff before the WiFi reconnected.

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather see the Microsoft follow their monthly "patch Tuesday" approach with WP8. Save the big updates for things like UI changes and new features.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather see the Microsoft follow their monthly "patch Tuesday" approach with WP8. Save the big updates for things like UI changes and new features.

i would love for this to happen. sort of like how RPG games patch on a certain day of the week. it adds consistency and everyone else in the world that uses that product will know when to expect something.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope, you're not alone.

I don't use WiFi while my phone is asleep and I don't have 46 email accounts and tiles updating themselves every 30 seconds on a 250 MB a month data plan.

2 email addresses on PUSH. Plus 2 more soon to be on using IMAP (domain email addresses, I'm setting up my website). Plenty of live tiles and such, streaming music. Thank goodness I'm on The One Plan so data limits aren't an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb