Tag people in Facebook apps for Windows Phone

Tetegra

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm wondering if there's a facebook app for windows phone that allow you to tag people? I've tried several ones include ones from Microsoft, and the facebook touch and facebook+, they all don't have the tagging function. Any input will be helpful, thanks.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Personally i've never been able to do that and i've been a user since WP7. No apps or built in for status'. Only for pics

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
When I open the facebook app, at the bottom are there are 4 buttons, one is "add." When I click add I go to a window to post a status. At the bottom are 4 buttons, one of them being "add friends." Is this what you are talking about?

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
When I open the facebook app, at the bottom are there are 4 buttons, one is "add." When I click add I go to a window to post a status. At the bottom are 4 buttons, one of them being "add friends." Is this what you are talking about?

Right that adds the "with" suffix at the end of a status.

Tetegra, are you wishing to use their name actually in the status itself, such as you would use the @ symbol if you were on a desktop?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
THE facebook app does allow tagging in status, but not in comments. That's been there for a couple updates, going back before WP8. You can also do it from IE if you set your IE settings to download desktop version of web pages, and go to the full FB site, not the mobile or touch sites. In the browser, you can use the @sign just like you would on the PC.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
THE facebook app does allow tagging in status, but not in comments. That's been there for a couple updates, going back before WP8. You can also do it from IE if you set your IE settings to download desktop version of web pages, and go to the full FB site, not the mobile or touch sites. In the browser, you can use the @sign just like you would on the PC.

I have to admit, with IE10 on WP8, the desktop version of the Facebook website is much less of a pain to use

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
you can also tag on touch.facebook.com in the web browser just like the app. Using the @ symbol brings up the names but when I touch them they don't tag but this is on wp7 it may work on wp8 with its new browser

Tetegra

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Right that adds the "with" suffix at the end of a status.

Tetegra, are you wishing to use their name actually in the status itself, such as you would use the @ symbol if you were on a desktop?
Yes, I want to use "@" like on the desktop and ios devices

Tetegra

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
yeah, I actually want to tag my friends in the comment, seems it is impossible on wp fb apps

Prabu Mahendran

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I was able to tag my friends some days back in facebook mobile version of my windows 8 phone. Now I am not able to tag them. Even tried adding the '@' but the name suggestion drop down never come up.
Wondering how something which worked earlier is not working now.
Do I need to change any settings for the same in the facebook mobile app ?

en0x#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
if you use the facebook beta for wp8 you can tag people easily. when you click add on the bottom you will see a new screen. tap on icon with people faces and you will be able to add them.

I don't have wp8 device right now on me because i sent my nokia for repair but know the functionality is there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs