Apps not showing update available in app store

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My apps like the wpcentral app had an update but I had no idea until I went to the app in the store it said update in bottom left corner...

I then went through a lot of apps and found there where many more that had updates but I received no notifications I had apps that had updates...

Now is it something I disabled or is there a current issue with the phone and store?

i am using a Nokia Lumia 920 on AT&T

any ideas would be most appreciated...

Thanks!:)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The notification isn't instant. I have no idea how the phones get notified of updates, by some sort of occasional polling, I suppose, but if it was constantly checking for updates, you'd have no battery left to use the phone... There are times that you'll read of an update on WPCentral before you see it on the Live Tile, there are times you'll see it first by going shopping in the store and seeing updates, and there are times that you'll see it first by looking at the Live Tile. No worries. That extra couple hours that it might take for your Live tile to tell you there's an update isn't that big a deal - you'll get notified. :wink:

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I am talking about the Store home on the phone it isn't showing there are any app updates when I go to it! I had it with my Windows 7 phone!

I do not receive them with my new Windows 8 device was wondering if there was an issue or if I need to do anything to fix the issue!

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
As you're not the first person to mention not receiving updates for apps in quite a while, I wonder if there is a problem. It should check at least once a day if I remember correctly - if you've been several days without receiving an update notification for an app which you KNOW has an update available, then maybe there is an issue with the Store not checking successfully.

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
hopmedic's response still applies to why the update indicator doesn't show up on the Store home page. It polls occassionally and no one knows for certain the polling time. As soon as it finds an update, it displays it on the Store home page and on the live tile. It would be useful to have the ability to manually check for updates. But for now, the only workaround is to go to each app's page on the Store and check to see if the "Update" button appears on the bottom right.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
hopmedic's response still applies to why the update indicator doesn't show up on the Store home page. It polls occassionally and no one knows for certain the polling time. As soon as it finds an update, it displays it on the Store home page and on the live tile. It would be useful to have the ability to manually check for updates. But for now, the only workaround is to go to each app's page on the Store and check to see if the "Update" button appears on the bottom right.

Yes... This is just one of those quirks. I have published my own apps and had to wait several hours, even when I navigated to the app's page in the marketplace, and could see that the version number was updated, yet the update button was not there. Not sure what the method is, I'm guessing polling, but one thing I never tried because it wasn't available at the time was installing from the web page. Usually it resolves within hours, but one time I published and it took right around 24 hours. That was only once. It's been several months since I've published anything, so I don't know how it's going now, though. But I wouldn't get concerned about it. If you step back and look at the big picture, we're really only talking about a matter of hours, and in the grand scheme of things, what does that really mean?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Also, don't forget updates aren't always perfect. If Microsoft give 100% of users the update immediately, and it breaks everyone, how angry will people be? If Microsoft roll out say 25% of users each day, they've got a couple of days to catch major issues.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow oddly enough today amazingly I had 10 notification for app updates? Is it possible some nice person from Microsoft happen to read this post and make some adjustments to the store?? ;)

MS_DOS_3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having this issue. I have yet to receive notification for the Nokia system apps and as you know those are not searchable.

It's been over a week now, and nothing shows. Any suggestions, is this a known issue being worked on?

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
^^ It has been an issue since WP7. I don't expect this to be fixed anytime soon, honestly. It's irritating I cannot even force it to poll for every app, iOS and Android both allow for this.

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having this issue. I have yet to receive notification for the Nokia system apps and as you know those are not searchable.

It's been over a week now, and nothing shows. Any suggestions, is this a known issue being worked on?

Ya same I have not received live tile/store updates automatically in a very LONG time, but I can help you with one of your problems (It worked for me anyway). Go to Windows Phone (United States) on your PHONE, log in to your Microsoft account at the top right, then also in the same spot, open up the menu and go to purchase history. From there just click on the app name that you want to update (for my case I found extras+info and network+) which I did not get update notifications for.

Unfortunately it does not work for me for the new display update.

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I haven't seen any app updates in a few day. It's a bit alarming compared to my android phone, which often has double digit updates every day. Didn't get the words with friends update (thought it wasn't clear if the nokia version also had one), or the recent network+ and display updates

It would be best if there were a check for updates button.

stonedauwg

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I too am having this problem. Used to get update numbers on the store live tile all the time and now haven't for a week or so, even when there's updates. If I go to the store app's page it shows the update button correctly. This seems to be a Win 8 MS bug that has gotten worse over time.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Ah... Leaving my phone, while charging, in range of the wifi base station netted me 8 updates last night o.0 Including several Nokia system apps (display; extras).

I cannot change my phone type via the wpcentral app, it is a Nokia lumia 920.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I think i'm having the same problems since flashing my phone after it bricked doing a factory reset. I had to go into every Nokia app and run the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720