Whatsapp unavalaible

Luiskp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I cant download whatsapp for my Lumia 820... doesnt appear in the Store, and trying to dowmload by the webpage says its unavalaible dor my pone :crying:

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
There is a update from v2.8.2>2.8.8 but is not available on my 920 only for my 710.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Board Express

alifarhatt

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I searched for whatsapp not expecting to find it for wp8 but I did. Me and my wife have installed it on our Telstra Lumia 920s in Australia?!?

Sumit8

May 5, 2012
Visit site
When? I installed it a week ago. Now it is not in the Marketplace for Germany.
If i go via directlink, i find the App but it say "not available for your Device". Lumia 920 here.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Something must have changed then as I installed it last week from my phone using the marketplace. I think it is the WP7 version as there isn't a WP8 version out yet as far as I know

FFugue

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I think they removed it temporarily from the marketplace because there was a problem with the last update. I updated it yesterday, and since then it's not working. The app won't launch, it just keeps loading and loading. I guess they must have seen this and decided to remove it from the marketplace before too many people install the update. It happened to other apps in the past. It should be back in a couple of days once they find out what's wrong.

Ammar Alhebshi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the app since I got my 920 and the app has some frustrating issues. For example if I received a message, the notification will pop that I received something, but when I open the app to response I don't see what I received. I have to wait a couple of seconds or (maybe minutes ) for the response to appear in the chat so I can read it again completely. Another thing that the app doesn't have a short cut on the lock screen. I know it is not an issue but i'd love to know if i received something just by checking my lock screen like the messaging app or skype.I don't know if these issues are general in the app , or it is just on windows 8. I hope they removed it from the market to update it because you don't want to use it now

coldside

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here, I can't find it on the WP Store either. I scanned the QR codes that WPCentral provides in its articles and it brings up a screen from the Store, but it says that it's unavailable for my phone. I have a Lumia 920, England.

Sumit8

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Thats what i thought as well. But then again: the app was there when i bought the 920. And it functioned well. After the reset of my phone it was gone from the store.

r26k

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
guys, lets spread the word! simple tweet: Where is @WhatsApp for WindowsPhone 8? Everyone desperately needs it! @joebelfiore @BenThePCGuy @thurrott @windowsphone @WinPhoneSupport

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I got a replacement L920 this weekend, because my first had some serious issues. Was able to reinstall WhatsApp on Saturday morning around 6am German time, without problems. One hour later, I was browsing the WhatsApp website and clicked the link to the WP app, and I got the message that it wasn't available for my device. Tried through the marketplace, wasn't there anymore to be found.

Boy was I happy that I somehow managed to install it before it got pulled. I have friends and family all over the world and it's my main way to communicate quickly with everyone.

I'd love it if it gets upgraded to be more integrated in the OS. Maybe even into the messaging hub as an account. It's functional, but a bit clumsy still. Don't have all problems many speak about though, generally happy with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb