Is it possible to play FLAC files on wp8?

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not at the moment it's not, and I'm not sure if it's something which will come around anytime soon. I don't think MS will ever support it natively in the OS (MS and Apple do not support it in their desktop OS), but 3rd party media players might come around eventually.

marbla

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the quality difference between a real audio system and the great (for a phone) 8x sound is bigger than the advantage from lossless files. Seriously! I doubt anyone could tell a difference in a good a/b comparison between 320+kb aacs and lossless files. Heck I even doubt one would be able to hear much of a difference on high quality gear without listening on monitoring cans and trying to find differences.

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The alternative for this would be WMA lossless. And yes, this is the perfect alternative. I converted all my FLAC files to WMA Lossless using Helium Audio Converter. You can confirm that there is no noise by using Audacity. Drag both the FLAC and WMA lossless samples in there, invert one of them then play it. What you should hear is absolute silence, meaning there is no quality lost.

Does HTC 8X really sound that better than Lumia 920? I'm just a bit turned off by the 16GB storage. It wouldn't be enough if you have a long list of WMAL tracks.

shamrock soft

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Now it is posible using Flac player from ShamrockSoft

Flac Player - http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=7624b8fb-798a-4f48-84ab-6963eb624f2b
Shamrock Soft - shamrocksoft .

Shamrock Soft developed and published first free Windows Phone player which plays exclusively flac files.
Now Flac Player is able to download files from Sky Drive Microsoft cloud and playback them offline. If application became popular we will extend functionality with ability to download files from internet using URL. Shamrock Soft are also planing to develop separate version for Windows Phone 8 with ability to playback flac files from SD card.

Robert Greene

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I us my phone as music player in my car I can tell the diff mp3 320 and lossless with mp3's the hi's just don't sound right but with lossless thet sound as they should and bass mp3 is just muddy far from what a real bass sq .This is in the car mp3 on my home hi end system sounds like SH-T
!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss