1. abhibh's Avatar
    Guys

    A friend is thinking of buying a Windows 8 Phone. Now i know Twitter lists doesn't work in People / Me Tile. He has a lot of lists on Twitter which he follows (tech news, celebrities etc.). I told him he can create groups on WinPho and put it on as live tile and he really liked the idea. I have a few questions before i give him a go ahead.

    1. How many people can be there in a group ?
    2. How updates work in Group live tiles on home screen ? Say there are 8 people and 5 have updated twitter status and 2 have uploaded new pic etc. Now will it flip through all the updates on the live tile without going inside the group ?
    12-03-2012 03:08 AM
  2. sym1a1a's Avatar
    don't quote me on this, but i believe the max in a group is 30, I'm roughly 75% sure of this number which leaves a 25% chance that i am absolutely talking out my a** lol, as far as the tile updates, it does flip thru the latest action of all group members, keep in mind that if, lets say 2 members posted something new today then it will only cycle those two updates, again dont quote me on this, this is just what i have experienced
    12-03-2012 07:41 AM
  3. JMS9129's Avatar
    In WP8 the max for groups is 25 contacts, WP7.5 was 20. As far as the live tile goes I only see the most recent update from 1 contact on the tile, to see more you need to go inside the group tile.
    12-03-2012 09:33 AM
  4. sym1a1a's Avatar
    Hmmm, mine will cycle through all new updates from all members, it tells me about new posts, new pic posts, and new email from specific member
    12-03-2012 09:39 AM
  5. JMS9129's Avatar
    I have never seen my live tiles on the start screen cycle through updates from groups. I have 4 group tiles pinned, 2 for facebook and 2 for twitter all with the 25 max contacts. They all only show the most recent post that happened in that group. Now if you were to pin each individual contact to your start screen they would all independantly update.
    12-03-2012 09:56 AM
  6. sym1a1a's Avatar
    I only have one group with 12 people in it pinned to start screen, not sure what to tell you, I just know what my tile does
    12-03-2012 10:11 AM
  7. abhibh's Avatar
    Well if it doesn't cycle through all the updates then it defeats the purpose of so called LIVE Tile. 25 Max people is actually pretty less. MS really needs to make this number go north.
    If there is a group with 8 people 5 posted something on twitter and 3 posted status / updated picture it should cycle though everything on live tile.

    Looks like he has to buy the phone to find out lol.
    He actually have a lot of blogs related to celebrities and tech so he gathers latest info from twitter and Google News etc. He loved the way OS feels and how fast it is.
    12-03-2012 10:29 AM
  8. sym1a1a's Avatar
    I dont know, if you have 25 people in your group and your looking for ALL updates from that group just by looking at the live tile you may as well open the group up, cause sitting there watching the live tile flip would take FOREVER lol
    12-03-2012 01:50 PM
  9. abhibh's Avatar
    I dont know, if you have 25 people in your group and your looking for ALL updates from that group just by looking at the live tile you may as well open the group up, cause sitting there watching the live tile flip would take FOREVER lol
    LOL ofcourse not! Thats why i took 8 people example. The concern regarding how many people in a group was not to see all the 25 or more updates on live tile rather managing the list (like twitter list feature)
    12-03-2012 02:38 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Music + Video live tile
    By 1jaxstate1 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 10:11 PM
  2. Group live tiles
    By mkr10001 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2012, 05:58 PM
  3. apps with live tiles crashing...
    By jmerrey in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 10:01 AM
  4. xbox live tile color
    By RevDog in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 06:20 PM
  5. Live Tiles "not so live?"
    By raremage in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD