totally just figured out how to make pkaylists and its easy

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
so .. plug your phone into your pc ..go to my computer go to windows phone open the drive .. go to music .. select all the music you want in the playlist .. right click and click create playlist .. bam

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Too bad I can't do this while I am on my phone, on the train, rockin' out to a song I like in a particular mood and put it to a playlist of my liking. This right here would be epic for me.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's ever been a real issue to make it on the PC, it's while mobile that's the problem. Same reason we wanted OTA updates, video downloads, and podcasts without plugging in.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's my fever, but on-the-go playlists have been on the phone since 7.0.

Add songs to the Now Playing list. Go to the Now Playing screen (the easy way is to tap the volume control then tap the tiny print that lists the next songs to be played). From that screen, tap the "..." at the lower right and choose Save To Playlist.

Is this what you want? If not, how is what you want different from this?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So then how do you add a song to that playlist you just made?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

That's what I want. I have playlists already made and sometimes I'll find a song that fits with a playlist and I want to add the song but I can't.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
What i meant is to go into my music, select different tracks, and just add them directly to a new or existing playlist of my choosing.

It's not a huge deal to me, I do most of my music manipulation from the PC.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Ah, you can add, but you can't remove songs or reorder them. Play the playlist, then find new songs, long-press them and choose Add To Now Playing. Now you have an expanded Now Playing playlist. Go to the Now Playing list, tap the "..." and save over the same name. (Note: you will get a warning about overwriting an existing playlist.)

So, this probably meets your most frequent playlist editing use case, but obviously not all of them.

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah trying to make a playlist on your phone is a major task .. Really aggravating .. So if your jammin to a song and want to add it to your current playlist you gotta just wait or hook it up to your laptop .. Until they develop a file explorer where you can just move that song into the playlist

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Fusioncept has "playlists already made and want to add [a] song" -- you can do this.
Coffee wants to "go into my music, select tracks, and add them to a new or existing playlist." -- you can do this.
The real smackbo might be "jammin to a song and want to add it to your current playlist" -- you can do this.

All three of you can do what you want, but you may need to think of the process differently. The instructions below are an extended version of my two earlier replies.

In Windows Phone, you edit Now Playing, not the playlist objects themselves. So, to do what you each seek, start playing the playlist -- this copies the track names from the playlist to Now Playing.

Once the music is flowing, go in to your music, put your finger down on the text of the name of an genre, artist, album, or track until a popup menu appears, then tap "Add to Now Playing." Repeat as needed for all of the things that you want to add to the playlist. Do not just tap the item or its art/play button that's shown next to the text; doing so will empty the Now Playing list (which currently contains a copy of your playlist) and then fill Now Playing with the names of the tracks from the genre, artist, album, or track that you just tapped.

When you've added everything, you have an expanded Now Playing playlist. You can save this; you can even save it over an existing saved playlist. To do so, go to the Now Playing list (the easy way is to tap the volume control then tap the lower part of the volume bar where the tiny print lists the next songs to be played). Once there, tap the "..." at the lower right and choose Save To Playlist. You'll be prompted for a name to give the list; type a new or existing playlist name. (For safety, if you type an existing name, you'll be warned before the phone overwriting the existing playlist.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss