missing "Local Events" in Bing

Banner18

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both have 920s...when I go to Bing and swipe to the right I get Local events...she doesn't....she gets in theatres and local deals, but not events...i can't figure out why...any ideas?

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I guess just make sure that location is on... Could also be something with her Microsoft Account, but that would be odd...

Psionic085

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That feature is disabled by default outside of the US I believe. However you can turn it on by simply setting your region to United States in settings.

EDIT: I assume from your previous posts that you are in fact in the US, so I would make sure as nmercy said that location is on and your region settings are correct.

Banner18

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
We are in the US...she is working right now but when she gets off I will have her check her region...

We did verify last night that her location was on....

D_Ros

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I actually have a different issue with local scout. I'm in Canada, so this might be a set up issue, but for the "Eat + Drink" and "Shop" categories, it never pulls down any information. The "For You" and "See and Do" both work.

I have a Lumia 920 and this happens in Bing Maps but NOT on Nokia Maps.

Any ideas?

dynamic_cast

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Ha. I got it. It is because your browser&search lanugage is different than "phone language". Go to settings->language+region, and make them same, and then launch bing. If you only change "browser &search language", you don't even have to restart phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05