Multitasking while on a call

Norm Dill

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Greetings!

Has anyone else encountered this scenario?

You are on a call and want to check an email or a website while still on the call. As you are doing said action, it jumps back to the call screen. I have a Lumia 920 and I asked my sister to replicate on her HTC 8X on Verizon and it is exhibiting the same symptoms. Just curious if this is isolated or not.

Thanks!

Norm

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Greetings!

You are on a call and want to check an email or a website while still on the call. As you are doing said action, it jumps back to the call screen. I have a Lumia 920 and I asked my sister to replicate on her HTC 8X on Verizon and it is exhibiting the same symptoms. Just curious if this is isolated or not.

Thanks!

Norm

I have no issues with this on the 920, as an FYI for your sister, while she maybe able to go look at some things on her phone she can't do data/voice at the same time on Verizon.

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I also experience this issue. I'm on a call, want to see a phone number or web page, and it jumps back to the call screen. I have a Nokia 920 AT&T.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Greetings!

Thanks!

Norm

Yes, this happened to me just yesterday. It NEVER happened on my Lumia 900, so I'm thinking it's a WP8 bug.

I was on the phone with AT&T about them charging me $450 for a Lumia 920 I ordered online and then cancelled (a whole other story lol) and I kept trying to go back to my Bank of America app to get information and it would bounce me back to the phone screen. It took me about 5 tries to finally get it to stay on the app long enough for me to get the info I needed. Pretty annoying. But like the other little bugs out there, I have faith that Microsoft will make it right, so I'm not going to get too upset about it.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have no issues with this on the 920, as an FYI for your sister, while she maybe able to go look at some things on her phone she can't do data/voice at the same time on Verizon.

Pretty sure this is incorrect information. Just because the iPhone can't do it doesn't mean other phones can't either.

If you look under the SPECS section of the HTX 8X in the Verizon Shop, you'll see "Simultaneous Voice and Data".

stevoabc123

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that you're setting off that little sensor at the top right of the phone? The one that shuts off the screen when the phone is up to your ear?

Norm Dill

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that you're setting off that little sensor at the top right of the phone? The one that shuts off the screen when the phone is up to your ear?

Definitely not the case in my instance. It just seems to always want to go back to the call screen. It's not a matter that the screen goes black. The phone just goes back to the screen that contains the end call, mute, etc buttons.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
hmmm, CDMA doesn't allow voice/data simultaneously. it may have it in the settings but the network (Verizon) wont handle it, thats why at&t advertises this feature so heavily, Verizon has more 4G LTE but at&t allows voice/data at the same time, pick your poison lol

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Verizon's LTE lineup (iPhone5 aside since they left out a chip to allow this) is capable of simultaneous voice/data. What you say is true for pre-LTE phones and iPhone5.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
hmm, i'll have to look into that, i was not aware that that was possible on Verizons CDMA networks, not doubting you just didnt think it was possible

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Sprint and Verizon can do SVDO if the Qualcom S4 SoC is being used in the phones. Other examples include the GS3, Evo 4G LTE, LG Viper 4g LTE, and a few others. All on 3g with voice being on 800 and Data being on PCS1900.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
hmm, i'll have to look into that, i was not aware that that was possible on Verizons CDMA networks, not doubting you just didnt think it was possible
It is listed right on the Verizon product page...

Communication

• Global Ready™
  • Simultaneous Voice and Data
  • Mobile Hotspot with support for up to 8 Devices on 3G or 4G
  • Wi–FI: 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz)
  • NFC– Tap and Share with other NFC devices; Tap and Pair with compatible NFC Bluetooth Accessories
  • Speakerphone
  • Advanced Security features include: BitLocker device encryption, Information rights management, App sandboxing, Code signing, and Secure boot
  • Embedded ringtones, vibrate alert and silent
  • Voice input– make a call, launch an app, send a text, take a note, find something online, and lots more
  • Supported Languages: 50 (some via download)
  • Virtually limitless contacts (limited only by 16GB on–board memory)
  • Text, Picture, and Video messaging with threaded feature
  • Calendar, Alarm Clock, and Calculator
  • Assisted GPS E911 and GLONASS
  • TTY Compatible
  • Hearing Aid Compatibility–M4/T4

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Yes, if you listen closely you'll notice that AT&T chooses the wording on their ads very carefully. They say something like "Only AT&T lets you talk and surf the web at the same time on your iPhone 5." They're very sneaky about that. Any new Verizon phone (non-iPhone) these days supports simultaneous voice and data.

VeViMa

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Had you any luck with this? I have the same issue and when ever I am on a call and try multitasking, I keep coming back to Call window. This is very annoying.:unhappysweat:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if you listen closely you'll notice that AT&T chooses the wording on their ads very carefully. They say something like "Only AT&T lets you talk and surf the web at the same time on your iPhone 5." They're very sneaky about that. Any new Verizon phone (non-iPhone) these days supports simultaneous voice and data.

Exactly. Most new Verizon phones can do it over 3G and 4G except the iPhone 5. I believe the HTC Thunderbolt was the first phone o Verizon to have the capability to do it on 3G.

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It happens to me and for me it's because of the sensor on the top that sets your screen off. If you try mutletasking while actives the sensor, it would push you back to the call screen. I also had it on my old wp7.5..
Sent from Lumia 920

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes