Multitasking while on a call

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Rogers and a 920 and multitask really well looking for stuff while on cellular call or using Skype calling... Like I do find I go back to the call screen sometimes and I assume I just hit something wrong. Now I'll just watch if it is indeed the sensor as reported above!

Shad0x64

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I find this happens when my finger goes near or something covers the camera, proximity sensor issue maybe?
Sent from my Nokia Lumina 920 using Board Express

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
no issues. I was able to talk on phone open an email, open apdf file and remain on the call.

now try that again and put your hand near the proximity sensor at the top of the screen. I haven't had a problem but it was very easy to reproduce the issue that is being described here.

-E

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
now try that again and put your hand near the proximity sensor at the top of the screen. I haven't had a problem but it was very easy to reproduce the issue that is being described here.

-E

Agreed. It is the proximity sensor. I'm able to reproduce this at will when on a call. I just realized this while on a call with my dad the other night.

I'm not so sure if I would clasify this as a bug. Although I would think the proximity sensor should be off during a call in speaker phone mode?

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I think what the proximity sensor is used for is to deactivate the touch surface when the phone is up to your face and reactivate it when you pull it away from your face. I think your idea that this should not happen when the phone is in speakerphone is right. I'd also suggest that it be deactivated as soon as the call screen is "backgrounded", since the user is obviously trying to do something on the phone at that point.

-E

Optimus82

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
wow. so annoying. happens to me too. def needs to be fixed.

once you are out of the call screen or on speakerphone, the proximity off sensor while on call should be disabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786