Virgin Mobile UK and Compatibility Issues with Windows Phone 8

rplyons

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello people,

Need some help - I am wanting to swap over to Virgin Mobile UK with my already SIM Free NOKIA Lumia 820, but the Call Centre has told me there is a 'known problem' with Windows Phone 8 running with their Virgin Mobile MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) setup.

Can anyone please shed any light on this situation, is it true? Is it partly true?

rplyons

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Right, well I have now placed a Virgin Media (UK) SIM Card into my NOKIA Lumia 820 and it's interesting:

1: Network name = "Local network operator"
2: Under Network Options it's named as "23430" and you can't manually search for any Networks in the area
3: None of my e-mail, Facebook or Twitter accounts will sync with the phone - I can still use Facebook and Twitter through the apps, but Outlook E-Mail keeps throwing up an Error Code of 86000107 saying "We're having a problem connecting to dub-m.hotmail.com"

Anyone know anything surrounding this or any solutions with the Sync issues?

rplyons

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Update,

Facebook and Twitter snyc issues were sorted in the end.

The issue surrounding Outlook however continues to this very day, even after placing my 3 Mobile SIM back in it still didn't cure the problem, so instead I have logged into Outlook using the Hotmail sync option and that's sorted that problem out...but Outlook still won't sync!

New problem now is that whenever I am involved in a Telephone Call lasting longer than 5 minutes, the connection goes from 3G to 2G automatically, and the only way to get 3G back is to turn off and turn on again...then turn off Data Connection and turn it back on again, it then realises it's set for 3G connection and finally switches back!

Another interesting oddity, I can now finally search for Networks and I get the full list (Virgin (Big V) = T-Mobile, virgin (small v) = Orange), but it still shows "Local network operator" under the Phone icon...odd!!

Is there known issues surrounding Windows Phone 8 and MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators)?

Richard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05