Two questions about screen and audio

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
1. If you scroll on any normal screen slowly you will notice motion blur and its hard to read or see what's on screen. Does the Lumia 920 get rid of this problem with its 60hz puremotion hd+ screen or is it for something else?

2. On decent quality audio does 8X have a lot more bass because of its amplifier and beats?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
The 8X does have more bass, yes. As long as you have Beats Audio enabled. Some would say this is not increasing the quality as it is just a software EQ.

Can't speak for the Lumia as I don't have one :p

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
snaq: I havent tested it per se, your lumia920 question, but I have noticed said blur on my SGS3 and other phones, and I have not picked up on that happening on my 920.

I dont currently have my phone with me, so I cannot check if thats correct, but IIRC it doesnt blur.

Perhaps someone else can verify/deny?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. For the audio does this mean that we could get the same result on the 920 by using the software eq? What does an amplifier even do apart from raising the volume?

Could someone please test the motion blur thing. Does it actually make any difference in real world usage?

matrixcruiser

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
For the audio does this mean that we could get the same result on the 920 by using the software eq? What does an amplifier even do apart from raising the volume?
Don't forget the lumias have dolby headphone and a EQ too. Beats Audio is just marketing like clear-black or retina. Giving known features a special name.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget the lumias have dolby headphone and a EQ too. Beats Audio is just marketing like clear-black or retina. Giving known features a special name.

So would the 920 sound sound the same if we put on special bass settings like beats? Or does the amplifier on the 8X make any difference?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I got to try the 8X today and the beats on or off seemed to make no difference with a YouTube video. The phone seemed pretty fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon