Is there any way to recreate call blocking feature from Android?

Jason Rollison

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I am a recent convert to WP8 from Android and I love it so far! Rocking the Lumia 822 on Verizon.

The only thing I miss is the ability to send all calls to voicemail from a particular contact. This was just a checkmark under the contact in android. Does anyone know of a way to recreate this on WP8:? Even if it's a third party app?

Thanks!

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
wasn't that using Google Voice though to do that? The on phone blockers I've seen just pick up and hang up the call. Samsung has something built in but I've not seen the functionality in person.

john phan

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Jason, try youmail.com from the web? i am using that and i can block calls and choose what kind of message each caller will receive. Thanks. jp

Jason Rollison

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
wasn't that using Google Voice though to do that? The on phone blockers I've seen just pick up and hang up the call. Samsung has something built in but I've not seen the functionality in person.

actually it was just a n option on the contacts app on stock android. Just a field that says "all calls to voicemail"

John Phan, thanks! I will try that.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You can also do it from the My Verizon page. That way the calls won't even touch your phone, they should get blocked at Verizon's end. Obviously not as easy to do if you want to change it a bunch. Hopefully the first big update brings that feature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12