Amazing Weather - Post Update Problems???

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone out there use Amazing Weather? Since the update, it doesn't seem to allow me to make the GPS location the default. I can search for my town but can't set the GPS location as the only location I want to use and as a life tile.

Am I doing something wrong or is this broke?

Thanks!
Brian

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, looks like you can't have a GPS updated tile anymore. I'm guessing it's a mistake, at least I hope so since that is one of the features I really want in a weather app.

Looks like it's time to go back to WeatherLive while they fix this.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, looks like you can't have a GPS updated tile anymore. I'm guessing it's a mistake, at least I hope so since that is one of the features I really want in a weather app.

Looks like it's time to go back to WeatherLive while they fix this.

Glad it isn't just me...weird this was taken out...I hope it was an oversight...

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Yikes! Wish I would of known about the beta. My fault for not going into the dev forums much. That is the main feature I love about AW. I hope it gets fixed for those who updated. :-(

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying out this weather app and while I can use GPS and set locations the live tiles for either a GPS location (as per this topic) but I can't even get live updates for a set location. Is this because I'm on a trial or doing something wrong? I've turned on all the options to make it happen in the settings.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I got lucky, that it did not allow update over cellular. I hope this gets fixed quickly as I really like this app specially te GPS based weather.

Geoff Simmons

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the problem, I've had no issue.

Go to settings and check Show Current Location, then go back to the weather list (which might now include more than one location), and pin the location that has the GPS Dot in the upper right.

You can also delete all the other locations to make it easier. If this is causing problems, I wouldn't know as I only keep the GPS location in my list.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Quick update I was being stopped from pinning a location to my screen before but now it seems to work. The tile is updating and working for GPS.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand the problem, I've had no issue.

Go to settings and check Show Current Location, then go back to the weather list (which might now include more than one location), and pin the location that has the GPS Dot in the upper right.

You can also delete all the other locations to make it easier. If this is causing problems, I wouldn't know as I only keep the GPS location in my list.
The update definitely broke the tile on my phone, but I just figured out how to fix it. When I installed the update, the tile stopped updating, and when I went into the app, it didn't show the little dot symbol that indicates the current location on any of my cities. That's why I thought that the current location feature was broken.

I had to unpin the tile, go into settings and uncheck and then recheck that box. Then my current location showed up in the list with the dot symbol, and I was able to repin that to start. It seems to be working now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12