12-08-2012 07:41 PM
38 12
tools
    I've been using Talk.To for GChat - so far it's been the best GChat app I've used on Windows Phone. Not that that's saying much, though.
    12-07-2012 08:29 AM
    I use SMS (VERY reliable ;) - for local non-photo stuff.

I use Emails (update as soon as it arrives) - for international AND photo stuff.

There is not one friend of mine on ANY platform who doesn't have at least 1 email syncing to their phone.

These two are more reliable than anything on any platform and costs less on data + battery.

Only if WP8 could let me attach vids and audios to emails - my life would be perfecto.
    Have you tried BBM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    12-07-2012 09:41 AM
    Have you tried BBM?

Never knew BBM was a cross network thing. Shame it's not on WP yet!
    12-07-2012 10:00 AM
    Never knew BBM was a cross network thing. Shame it's not on WP yet!
    No I mean between blackberry's.

12-07-2012 11:43 AM
    Yeah, every time one of my friends sends me some link to install some stupid cross platform chat thing I just ignore it. On iOS I used SMS and Email and on Android I used SMS and Email and on WP I use SMS and Email. It's the only thing that 100% of all my friends and family have. Not even Facebook is 100% across all my friends/family.

Plus I don't have to worry about some dumb battery draining extra app either. (Mostly on the Android side...)

SMS and Email... there's no school like the old school. :)
    12-07-2012 11:54 AM
    No I mean between blackberry's.

Aren't we talking about cross-platform messaging app here though? Think that was your opening post dilemma - something that works for iOS and Android users too, no?

But no, I haven't used BBM as I've only seen 13-18 year olds use that and I'm way past that age. In my days we had Yahoo! Messenger and MSN.

Yeah, every time one of my friends sends me some link to install some stupid cross platform chat thing I just ignore it. On iOS I used SMS and Email and on Android I used SMS and Email and on WP I use SMS and Email. It's the only thing that 100% of all my friends and family have. Not even Facebook is 100% across all my friends/family.

Plus I don't have to worry about some dumb battery draining extra app either. (Mostly on the Android side...)

SMS and Email... there's no school like the old school. :)
    Exactly that! I don't see a single person who doesn't have an email and they don't need to install anything! If they are using a smartphone, they definitely have an email account synced. They won't mind keeping their emails "as item arrives" if they are eager to reply you as soon as your email hits their phones. For everything else there is free unlimited SMS. Im presuming most smartphone users are blessed with either unlimited texts OR data or both.

The only reason I lean towards this more day after day is because I know, it is super easy on my battery and data plan!

It doesn't even mess up my volume bar with background music (Yes, whatsapp am looking at you!)
    12-07-2012 12:13 PM
    I have just discovered Hike, which seems to do what Whatsapp should have been for WP8
    hike | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
    12-07-2012 04:27 PM
    I have just discovered Hike, which seems to do what Whatsapp should have been for WP8
    hike | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
    New player. No friends will download this, none.
    12-07-2012 04:29 PM
    Yup I'll have to wait until at least whatsapp releases the wp8 app. By that time hopefully the yellow 920 will be out and maybe BlackBerry 10 too.

12-07-2012 09:25 PM
    I'm looking for a good chat app too because I refuse to pay att $20/month. Message is the biggest thing I miss from my iPhone. I am hoping they will make the Skype messenger top class.

Fb chat with my wife on her idevices has been flaky. And I am trying kik next.
    12-07-2012 11:03 PM
    I'm looking for a good chat app too because I refuse to pay att $20/month. Message is the biggest thing I miss from my iPhone. I am hoping they will make the Skype messenger top class. <br />
    <br />
    Fb chat with my wife on her idevices has been flaky. And I am trying kik next.
    Could you please post how kik goes for you over here. Thanks.

12-08-2012 12:53 AM
    Could you please post how kik goes for you over here. Thanks.

Kik is excellent, it's notifications on live tile, not always.
    12-08-2012 03:54 AM
    Talk.to has won out for me, it was either that or GChat.
    12-08-2012 07:41 PM
38 12