Reliable messaging for WP8

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Apart from SMS what options are there? Whatsapp is unavailable and pretty crappy when it is available. Kik seems to be having trouble with live tile updates. I haven't tried Hookt (which I think is better than kik). So what options are there for reliable cross platform messaging that is actually used by a lot of iPhone and android users too?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Facebook is built in to the phone, and a lot of people on other platforms have Fbook Messenger so it could do the trick.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
How bad is the kik problem with kik messenger not receiving updates or whatever?

Has anyone tried eBuddy xms?

Facebook chat is not stable.

People can flame blackberry all they want but the fact remains that blackberry messenger is undisputed in its stability and speed. Its push email is still second to none in efficiency and speed. Apple must also be commended on the fact that it recognized its lack of solid messaging and churned out iMessage.

I think I'm going to wait this out until something solid comes out for windows phone. IM is probably my most used feature. I'm also reconsidering BlackBerry 10 now. I've tried BBM Voice and its terrific.

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
You should try IM+. It seems to be the only messaging app that doesn't seem to have any major issues on Windows Phone. Overall it's a really crappy landscape for messaging on this platform.

Microsoft should really have put messaging apps as a priority for APIs and dev support because they can't possibly expect people to switch to Windows Phone if they can't talk to their iPhone and Android friends reliably.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Apart from SMS what options are there? Whatsapp is unavailable and pretty crappy when it is available. Kik seems to be having trouble with live tile updates. I haven't tried Hookt (which I think is better than kik). So what options are there for reliable cross platform messaging that is actually used by a lot of iPhone and android users too?

ever tried wechat?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb