Was something wrong with the keyboard?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Today I got to try out an HTC 8X and I tried out the typing but it seemed to be pretty off. I'm used to typing on my nexus 7 and I can lazily type stuff out without much concern for accuracy and the autocorrect straightens things out just fine. But with the 8X maybe I was doing something wrong but it seemed to be quite messed up. I was consistently typing out illegible words. I tried checking the autocorrect settings but they we re turned on. Is there something different that has to be done on wp8?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The autocorrect on WP8 seems to take a few days to learn your typing habits. When I first got mine it would be a little slow, but now mine is putting up suggestions and corrections to commonly used words.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
WP7 seemed more intuitive out of the box but after time and use, wp8 is a lot smarter. (did wp7 even learn or did it just have a good average default?)

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
WP7 just had a good default, but it didn't learn your habits. And it literally only takes a few days for it to learn.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The store may not be a good place for a typing demo with people just randomly typing stuff that could get added to the autocorrect...

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well the auto correct didn't even seem to work for commonly used words and it was just ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
If it hasn't had someone consistently using a similar vocabulary, it will not learn, and therefore be slower to respond.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Also understand its not just an autocorrect but is very intuitive, meaning that after it learns from you it will actually predict your next word, I can almost type my entire message by just typing the first two letters of each word and its pretty good at predicting my next word, the more you type the better it learns

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
The keyboard is something I hate about WP 8. I've had it since launch day and it still bothers me to no end. Feels to cramped and things like the keyboard are way too inconsistent

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Has no one else noticed that the op is comparing the accuracy of his typing on a Nexus 7, a TABLET, to the accuracy of typing on a phone which has a screen and keyboard half the size? Just sayin'...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Kind of an old article but if you want to know a little more about that keyboard your poking read this.

Windows Phone 7: A Better Keyboard - Microsoft Research

WP8 keyboard isn't much different than the WP7 keyboard. Just type natural and in a short time you will see the difference. Don't forget the predictive text on the WP8 keyboard. Watch the text line most of the time I don't press more than 1 or 2 letters before the word I am looking for pops up.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre