Your favorite Twitter app

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Do any of the apps mentioned stream the tweets as they come in? I'd like a twitter app that I can run while my phone is on my charging stand on the desk. I'd like it to keep the phone from going to sleep and stream the tweets real time instead of having to click refresh.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Do any of the apps mentioned stream the tweets as they come in? I'd like a twitter app that I can run while my phone is on my charging stand on the desk. I'd like it to keep the phone from going to sleep and stream the tweets real time instead of having to click refresh.

Mehdoh, Twabbit and MeTweets do this. Checking through gleek, I don't think it does and I'm not sure about others.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Following ajua's recommedation, I've been using MeTweets since yesterday and I absolutely love it. It has easily taken over from rowi as my favorite twitter client app.

One problem that I've noticed with it is that my timeline does not seem to automatically refresh when launching the app, with a manual refresh needed. I sent an email to their support this morning, and to their credit and to my surprise received a reply in less than an hour, telling me that this was indeed unexpected behaviour, and that they will work on a fix.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hands down Gleek! The only dude who has made the effort to update his app to WP8!
It supports TellMe integration, it supports in app voice recognition, it has free ringtones, wallpapers, inline images, lockscreen wallpaper support, lockscreen notifications! - well worth it!

b4yp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I use Rowi now. If Twabbit were a bit more polished, I'd probably use that.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

jfo7404

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Following ajua's recommedation, I've been using MeTweets since yesterday and I absolutely love it. It has easily taken over from rowi as my favorite twitter client app.

One problem that I've noticed with it is that my timeline does not seem to automatically refresh when launching the app, with a manual refresh needed. I sent an email to their support this morning, and to their credit and to my surprise received a reply in less than an hour, telling me that this was indeed unexpected behaviour, and that they will work on a fix.

I made the switch from Twabbit and this has been my daily driver. I like everything about it. I did think it was odd that the refresh didn't automatically happen. Thanks for posting the update from their support.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb