Your favorite Twitter app

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Giving Windows Phone 8 a shot with a gorgeous yellow Lumia 920 and I'm trying to find a decent Twitter app. The official one has push notifications, which is nice, but it falls flat on other things like not having the option to Reply All.

Rowi Lite is kinda meh, so I'm looking for other suggestions.

I come from loving TweetBot on iOS, which is the only one thing I love from that platform. The app is beautiful and it has so many shortcuts, swipes and taps that it's very fast to use too.

On Android, after searching for months, I finally found Tweetings, which comes very close to TweetBot, so now I need to find something on WP8 that I can be happy with.

I would like push notifications, tile update for mentions (which Rowi does), inline images and lock screen notification.

tpitts15

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I prefer Mehdoh. Clean and simple with a lot of nice settings options. Really lets you customize your live tile and such.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My preferences have always been rowi and mehdoh. I've been beta testing the wp8 version of twabbit, and it's quite awesome. I'm not sure when it will be released, but I can't imagine it will be very far off since the beta seems so stable.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Mehdoh is my favorite too. It is not yet updated for wp8. the developer is having issues with updating the app.

Mehdoh is currently not available in the marketplace but can be had from a link in their twitter profile. @mehdoh is the name if anyone would like to try it.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Rowi for WP8! I use Tweetbot on my iPhone 5 as well and find Rowi to be extremely fast and responsive.

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm unable to install Mehdoh on my 920. Trying from the site and the market place. Hopefully a WP8 version will hit soon.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mehdoh has been my favorite since it arrived because of its simple (but awesome, if you think about it) layout. Rowi and Gleek both try to imitate the layout of the built-in email app and leave a lot of horizontal space wasted for the tweet content. I really dislike it.

Mehdoh supports Pocket (Save for Later), inline images (could improve this) and overall has nice customizing options. It is the best for reading tweets IMHO.

MeTweets just got updated to support WP8 and its great. I don't like how the "action" menu layout or design when you tap on a tweet but its a minor detail.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
As of right now I use 5 Twitter apps: Rowi Lite, Mehdoh, Gleek, Twabbit and Cowlick. I use Mehdoh the most, but it's not updated for WP8 yet so it tends to crash quite often.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Last edited:

zedmartinez

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Mehdoh was my favorite for a long while, but I've been using MeTweets for a couple months now because holy dang is it faster than any of the others I've tried when it comes to updating and, prior to fast resume support, opening in general.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Rowi right now.

I like Gleek too, but for some reason it's not properly saving my place when it updates new tweets right now.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Mehdoh is my primary at the moment. But, I also have gleek which has a ton of nice options and I'm finding Twabbit to be pretty darn good too. I'm gonna give MeTweets a go and see what's up with that.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Mehdoh has been my favorite since it arrived because of its simple (but awesome, if you think about it) layout. Rowi and Gleek both try to imitate the layout of the MeTweets just got updated to support WP8 and its great. I don't like how the "action" menu layout or design when you tap on a tweet but its a minor detail.

Thanks! Trying MeTweets now and so far it looks great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05