Outlook.com / Contacts

tweety1982

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Currently all my contacts are on my exhange server which i use for work. I want my contacts to be on my outlook.com so if i ever leave or the exhange is down all my contacts are on outlook.com
now i exported all my contacts and imported them into outlook.com but they do not sync with the phone. I want to be able to edit my contacts or add new ones on the phone or outlook.com and they ofcourse sync which each other, just like gmail.

Thx guys

tweety1982

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed when i go into settings for the outlook.com which is my microsoft account for the phone there is no tabs for calender or contacts, This is weird...

im trying to make everything nice and neat within the MSFT world but everything is so difficult......

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I noticed when i go into settings for the outlook.com which is my microsoft account for the phone there is no tabs for calender or contacts, This is weird...

im trying to make everything nice and neat within the MSFT world but everything is so difficult......

Click the arrow to the right of where it says Outlook, and select people.
Then go into the settings

On your phone, in people hubs go into settings and filters and make sure your outlook.com is visible. (did that part off top of head as wife stole phone for wordament so will check that again when she is done)

tweety1982

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Fins,

I did that in my filter my contact list im having it only show from outlook.com

but when i go into the settings for the outlook.com which is the microsoft acount, it only has a check mark for email, no options for sync'ing contacts or calender

so weird

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Fins,

I did that in my filter my contact list im having it only show from outlook.com

but when i go into the settings for the outlook.com which is the microsoft acount, it only has a check mark for email, no options for sync'ing contacts or calender

so weird

Mine only shows e-mail as well, but it shows my contacts and calendar from that account. Go into your calendar settings, you should see the outlook.com account there as well. Are you seeing the contacts on the outlook.com site? Is your exchange account also on your phone? If so you won't see duplicates, if you open a contact you should see a little icon that looks like a link on a chain on the bottom. It will show you which accounts that contact is listed. For example my wife is on my exchange account and my outlook.com account, so in the people hub it shows her with 2 links (Actually 5 with facebook, twitter, linkedin) but you get the point.

tweety1982

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Fins,
It must be a bug cause after i looked at the calendar and it showed the correct information, my contacts finally appeared.

Thx for the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster