Moving to WP8 while in contract

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Quick query around making the move to WP8. I'm currently locked into a contract with EE nee Orange in the UK. Have a Lumia 800 on the panther contract ?26pm and am captive until May 2014.

That said I didn't pay anything up front for my 800 and 7.8 notwithstanding the 820 is starting to wink at me. Am I right in thinking that if I were to purchase one sim free, I could just slap my existing 800 sim in it and be good to go in terms of sticking with my existing plan?

Also, and I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere but on a scale from 1-10 how much of a ballache is it to move from 7.5 to 8 with regard to setup, moving apps etc etc. I've got two live accounts as I had one linked with my Xbox (gmail) which I used when setting up my 800 and then also linked my aged hotmail account. Don't ask me why I didn't just use my hotmail account back in 2006 when I got my Xbox, I've no idea, probably didn't fully understand the whole 'live' thing and I use my gmail account as a dumping ground for subscriptions, order confirmations etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans