How often do you use NFC?

PhilRick

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I use it only here and there. Not many devices have NFC yet, so it's hard to use it with regularity.

I keep Tap+Share turned off to conserve battery. I keep the Settings tile pinned to my Start screen so I can easily flip it on when the need arises.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This is something I am looking forward to trying to be perfectly honest. My next phone will bring two firsts for me. First phone with more than a single core and first phone with NFC.

JSern

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
has anyone tried use nfc to pay for items in the supermarker etc?

Nope, not in my country.

The thing is that...[h=2]Qualcomm Announces Ultra-Low Power NFC Chips For Mobile Devices[/h]http://wmpoweruser.com/qualcomm-announces-ultra-low-power-nfc-chips-for-mobile-devices/

So I thought, is it worth waiting for this, or just ask around whether the NFC drains a lot of the battery.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Never. Turned it off and haven't turned it back on since. Didn't use it on my Android phones either. Have never seen ANYONE use NFC, to be honest with you.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I use it to transfer files to and from my phone and tablet. Usually Skydrive works well for that to but I've used a it a few times and seems to work fine

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't use it at all. Waiting for ISIS from Verizon so I can use it at stores and stuff.. I think that will be pretty cool. Eventually if I get a set of those NFC speakers I would use it for that obviously.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I use it to "transfer" apps to my wife's phone, so we don't have to dig through a list of 700 "timer" apps to find the same one on her phone that I already installed. I originally thought it would be useless but have used it several times.

-E

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried sending a photo from my Galaxy Nexus to my girlfriends Galaxy S3 through NFC and that didn't work. That was the only time I ever tried NFC because I really don't see any use for it in my life. So naturally I haven't tried it on my Nokia :)

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
has anyone tried use nfc to pay for items in the supermarker etc?

How do you do this? I know the shop needs an NFC pad but I assume the Wallet app on the phone is the key, but I can't see anyway of adding money into the wallet. My card and paypal are added in the wallet, but they both say for app payments.

Anyone know?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes