How to Disassociate Facebook

zoo7287

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I know it's hard to believe but I want to "disassociate" Facebook from my phone. I don't want all of the FB contact info and feeds and stuff polluting my phone. I'd just like to be able to go TO Facebook and look around FROM my phone. I did manage to cut down the feeds by changing the setting on Facebook itself, but I still have all of the contacts showing up. How can I break the link that I created between Facebook and my Microsoft account? (I KNEW I shouldn't have done it but I wanted to see the People tile do its thing and I figured there'd be a way to "Undo").

Any ideas? I'm not finding anything online. In case it matters, I have an HTC 8x (day 2).

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I know it's hard to believe but I want to "disassociate" Facebook from my phone. I don't want all of the FB contact info and feeds and stuff polluting my phone. I'd just like to be able to go TO Facebook and look around FROM my phone. I did manage to cut down the feeds by changing the setting on Facebook itself, but I still have all of the contacts showing up. How can I break the link that I created between Facebook and my Microsoft account? (I KNEW I shouldn't have done it but I wanted to see the People tile do its thing and I figured there'd be a way to "Undo").

Any ideas? I'm not finding anything online. In case it matters, I have an HTC 8x (day 2).

The easiest way that still allows Native upload and share to FB is, go to Settings, swipe over, now tap People, then Filter My Contacts. You'll still be connected as I said but you'll only see the ones you want to see. Notice the "see posts from". Unless you do a search. I would just hit the a then go to the letter you need. Or set up groups. Super easy and handy too.

If you're not into it, under email and accounts, long-press then one you want out and DELETE. Will not work with MS account so you know.

Hope this helps. Happy Holidays!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99