WPCentral forums are changing

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
when i first got on this forum, there were posts by other ppl talking about new things that WP8 and lumia 920 were bringing and ppl were excited to have their device. it was actually good conversation. ppl had insight on things they learned about the OS and device and shared it with others. that was about a month ago. fast forward to today and it seems 80% of posts are some kind of complaint. or you get the posts where ppl want you to try to convince them to stay with the lumia 920 even though they've already pointed out some things about it bother them. (thats good for atleast 10 posts a day) so many new posts are made daily that you have to go through the first 3 pages of each forum just to find a thread with someone that really needs help with something and dont want you to pet them and baby them. if this sounds like it comes off rude, well i apologize but it is the truth. if you're not happy with your lumia 920 or windows phone 8 then just return it. noone can make up your mind for you. you have the ultimate say on what YOU do in the end.

i would like to see the forums get back to what forums are supposed to do, help other people. there are some helpful people here. maybe all of these negative posts is because wp8 is doing so well and is growing fast. but the negative posts definitely outweigh the productive posts 5 to 1 (just a guesstimate). sure there are some things that i also feel are missing from wp8 but i knew that when i got the phone and seen an article about the store only having 120k apps. when i bought the phone i made the decision to take the good with the bad. and so did everyone else that bought it. can we spread some holiday cheer in here?

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
when i first got on this forum, there were posts by other ppl talking about new things that WP8 and lumia 920 were bringing and ppl were excited to have their device. it was actually good conversation. ppl had insight on things they learned about the OS and device and shared it with others. that was about a month ago. fast forward to today and it seems 80% of posts are some kind of complaint. or you get the posts where ppl want you to try to convince them to stay with the lumia 920 even though they've already pointed out some things about it bother them. (thats good for atleast 10 posts a day) so many new posts are made daily that you have to go through the first 3 pages of each forum just to find a thread with someone that really needs help with something and dont want you to pet them and baby them. if this sounds like it comes off rude, well i apologize but it is the truth. if you're not happy with your lumia 920 or windows phone 8 then just return it. noone can make up your mind for you. you have the ultimate say on what YOU do in the end.

i would like to see the forums get back to what forums are supposed to do, help other people. there are some helpful people here. maybe all of these negative posts is because wp8 is doing so well and is growing fast. but the negative posts definitely outweigh the productive posts 5 to 1 (just a guesstimate). sure there are some things that i also feel are missing from wp8 but i knew that when i got the phone and seen an article about the store only having 120k apps. when i bought the phone i made the decision to take the good with the bad. and so did everyone else that bought it. can we spread some holiday cheer in here?

dude, its a public forum. you know what a public forum is right? this is out of your reach. you should simply ignore the post.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, think of it this way, before (previous WP users) we were kinda like a private club, but now that the OS is starting to get more recognition its like lowering the membership requirements so that anyone can get in, you take the good with the bad unfortunately, it will settle down with time, the trolls will get bored and eventually leave, and those who actually want/need help will get it more easily, right now its hard to tell the difference between people who are truly interested and have genuine concerns and those who just want to cloud the waters so to speak, there are real issues with WP8, just as there are with the other OS's no more no less, most people understand this and will wade through all the garbage and smoke screens that the trolls are trying to throw up, look at it this way, they must be worried cause they see there friends and family leaving their CLUBS to join ours lol so they have to do something to try and shame them to come back to their club lol, enjoy your phone and try to help others enjoy theirs and don't let the garbage discourage you or else they win, at least that's my approach LOL

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Tebugg, your letting him bait you, beware the troll, deep breath, rise above it, don't give him the power over YOU he craves, remember, if you give a monster a cookie... He's gonna want a glass of milk LOL

halimaw96

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Meh, you can expect with any new release of a product. Give it a couple of weeks and people will calm down. I've been guilty of doing this, but it's because the people in these forums tend to be very helpful. They've helped me sort out a lot of issues with my 920. What I do agree with, however, is the number of "I'm leaving WP8" forums. No one really cares, and you're not even seeking any sort of help. Go gripe about it elsewhere.

WPCentral is still an awesome forum, we just have to wait for the initial craze to die down a bit.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
Tebugg, your letting him bait you, beware the troll, deep breath, rise above it, don't give him the power over YOU he craves, remember, if you give a monster a cookie... He's gonna want a glass of milk LOL

where's my milk?

lol... yes, i'm a troll. i dont even own a 920, i just like to waste time pretending. in reality, i'm an apple ****** and i'm on a secret mission to convert 920 users to iphone. it seems to be working... you guys are a bunch of whiners! omg, this forum is falling apart because people are asking stupid questions... really?? it's allll perception. maybe these people are not trolling/complaining, but you're just a negative person and you're taking it the wrong way. give that a thought.

can i have my milk now?? i'm choking on the cookie you gave me...

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Here's your milk, he gave an honest opinion, not saying it was right or wrong, it was his opinion, you SEEMED to go out of your way to jump on him for stating it, you didn't comment on ANYTHING he said, instead you slammed him for saying it, if you disagreed with him, fine state your case, engage in dialog, if your just gonna tell him to deal with it, well don't be surprised if someone calls you out on that, you ARE right, it is a public forum and as such he had a right to state his opinion

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You have a good point tebugg. The forum is getting full of people who either whine about every subjective issue (is a black 920 bad [NO], is the 920 too big [NO], did MS mess up [NO], is WP8 a broken dream [NO]). Bottom line, if WP8 doesn't fit your needs get a different phone. For me WP8 with all its issues is leaps and bounds above iOS or Android.

I have no patience for some AC who decides to simply drop in to give us their fine, educated opinion on why they are going back to their --insertyourfavoritephone--. I used an iPhone and Android and to me WP8 is better beyond reason. If you don't feel the same, please go back to your old phone. This isn't being a fan-boy (I acknowledge a specific phone OS may suit our needs more so than another. choose the one best for you), it's being helpful. Don't torture yourself waiting for an OS that will not live up to your needs or expectations; just go to what you like. If I had waited, I would still have an iPhone or Android.

I am not saying people shouldn't ask more from MS, please do; but do it in an intelligent way. To me MS has already delivered more than Apple or Android. But that is my opinion. If you come here sniveling and crying about WP8 my message to you is to pull up your big boy/girl panties and decide on which phone suits you best.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
A good point about WP8 forums lately. Can we ask for more in an intelligent way?

Tebugg made this post in the 920 forum but I feel it is worthy of a broader WP8 post.

The forum is getting full of people who either whine about every subjective issue (is a black 920 bad [NO], is the 920 too big [NO], did MS mess up [NO], is WP8 a broken dream [NO]). Bottom line, if WP8 doesn't fit your needs get a different phone. For me WP8 with all its issues is leaps and bounds above iOS or Android.

I have no patience for some AC who decides to simply drop in to give us their fine, educated opinion on why they are going back to their --insertyourfavoritephone--. I used an iPhone and Android and to me WP8 is better beyond reason. If you don't feel the same, please go back to your old phone. This isn't being a fan-boy (I acknowledge a specific phone OS may suit our needs more so than another. choose the one best for you), it's being helpful. Don't torture yourself waiting for an OS that will not live up to your needs or expectations; just go to what you like. If I had waited, I would still have an iPhone or Android.

I am not saying people shouldn't ask more from MS, please do; but do it in an intelligent way. To me MS has already delivered more than Apple or Android. But that is my opinion. If you come here sniveling and crying about WP8 my message to you is to pull up your big boy/girl panties and decide on which phone suits you best.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: A good point about WP8 forums lately. Can we ask for more in an intelligent way?

I need to clarify, this was tebugg's post:

"when i first got on this forum, there were posts by other ppl talking about new things that WP8 and lumia 920 were bringing and ppl were excited to have their device. it was actually good conversation. ppl had insight on things they learned about the OS and device and shared it with others. that was about a month ago. fast forward to today and it seems 80% of posts are some kind of complaint. or you get the posts where ppl want you to try to convince them to stay with the lumia 920 even though they've already pointed out some things about it bother them. (thats good for atleast 10 posts a day) so many new posts are made daily that you have to go through the first 3 pages of each forum just to find a thread with someone that really needs help with something and dont want you to pet them and baby them. if this sounds like it comes off rude, well i apologize but it is the truth. if you're not happy with your lumia 920 or windows phone 8 then just return it. noone can make up your mind for you. you have the ultimate say on what YOU do in the end.

i would like to see the forums get back to what forums are supposed to do, help other people. there are some helpful people here. maybe all of these negative posts is because wp8 is doing so well and is growing fast. but the negative posts definitely outweigh the productive posts 5 to 1 (just a guesstimate). sure there are some things that i also feel are missing from wp8 but i knew that when i got the phone and seen an article about the store only having 120k apps. when i bought the phone i made the decision to take the good with the bad. and so did everyone else that bought it. can we spread some holiday cheer in here?"

My post is an interpretation of his post. Sorry if I misrepresented that.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey thekonger, I've been staring at your post, specifically second paragraph, what is AC, I just can't figure out what that is/means LOL

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I believe that the main reason for the threads that you are seeing is the fact that Windows Phone 8 is brand new and actually more popular than Windows Phone 7/7.5.

A lot of new folks have gotten WP8 devices, and many of these folks previously used other platforms. These other platforms have been around for a while, and it takes time to learn a new platform. Inevitably, folks will compare something new to what they were accustomed to. They will also have a lot of questions and might get frustrated if they cannot find how to use a certain feature immediately.

That is where we need to help. Eventually, new folks will learn WP8, especially if experienced Windows Phone users are able to assist them. Once the new folks find what they need, they will be able to help others in turn.

It's really not all that different from learning to ride a bike. Everyone fell down and probably cried while his/her parents taught him/her how to ride a bike. Eventually, that kid learned and might have even helped teach a younger brother or sister how to ride a bike.

All of us need to stay positive and be as helpful as possible to new folks. :smile:

Bombfetish

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the help for sure. Being an iOS convert it was quite confusing at first. Sometimes its hard to know if something is unavailable, or if you just don't know how to access it. This has been a warm community to stumble into and I look forward to being a part of it.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, as I find my friends are picking up Windows Phones, I'm directing them here for support. After all, a lot of them don't know their start button from their iOS home button (and it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't even an exaggeration), so coming here, we can help and support them. However, going back to the lass I like, who is a die-hard Apple fangirl. If she came here and started causing trouble, and I found out it was her... Well, let's just say I wouldn't get with her. I would very likely refuse to get with her on those grounds.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, as I find my friends are picking up Windows Phones, I'm directing them here for support. After all, a lot of them don't know their start button from their iOS home button (and it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't even an exaggeration)

What? Their functions are almost identical. In fact, they ARE identical...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6