Vibrate only for messages, reminders

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi:

I like my phone to ring and vibrate for incoming calls, but to vibrate only for other things like SMS, calendar notifications, etc. Any way to do this?

Thanks

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey, if you go to Settings -> Ringtones + Sounds, then select the individual things like New text or IM, new voicemail, new email. Click on them, and scroll to the top where there should be a "None" option awaiting you. Then they should just vibrate. Also, below those are some other options, like Reminders, Lock/Unlock, etc. There's even a checkbox for all other notifications. Ensure those checkboxes are cleared. You should then only get sound for incoming calls.

Of course, this is from WP7, it may be different in WP8, but it's worth a shot hey?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Of course, this is from WP7, it may be different in WP8, but it's worth a shot hey?

That is how it is on WP8 also. Took the words out of my mouth.

Also, this should be in the General Windows Phone 8 thread instead of the Lumia 920. There really isn't anything specific to Nokia about the question.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Folks - I did switch to none, and got no notification at all, which is why I asked the question.

Ah, very interesting. I wasn't aware that it did this. After all, it's not part of my caseload (I prefer to leave all the settings on minus voicemail, as I despise voicemail... Ringing my ex through Skype with my unlimited calling package... "This is the Sprint voice mailbox for..." *throws phone at the wall*, that American accent in the voicemail just infuriates me), so I wasn't aware it did that. I'll leave it for a more veteran user though.

DJ Billingsley

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Stumbled on a possible answer for you... Go to Settings->Ringtones+Sounds. Turn the Ringer to the "Off" position. Set the "New text or IM" setting to any sound except "none". (I have mine on "alert 4"). The phone only vibrates when a text is received. Hope this helps.

Church Punk

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
But he wants his phone to vibrate AND ring for calls...

Maybe try to record some silence with audacity and move the finished mp3 file to the ringtones folder. Select it as a ringtone and voila??? xD
Just remember to clean the audio from any noise/static so that is really only silence for a couple of seconds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon