[Solved] Sending message to facebook via wp8 hub.

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Howdy guys.

I was a (very) happy user of lumia710 with wp7.5 on board and everything worked as intended there. Yesterday i got my hands on lumia820 with wp8 and I have an issue I cannot overcome.

Basic info:
I have added Facebook and Microsoft accounts to the phone.
I have facebook chat option ON.

Problem:
When in the social hub I can only sms a person, when before I could send msg via messanger or facebook, now those options are not available, even tho i have those contacts synced. Only thing that i have besides basic stuff (call, sms, mail) is "post on facebook", but that's not the same as chatting via it.
If anyone could point out what am i doing wrong I'd be greatful.

Kind regards
Morq

Last edited:

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sending message to facebook via wp8 hub.

There is a button called "text+chat".

If this account is linked to a facebook account you can tab an that and it will bring you to the msg-hub, where you can choose between sms or fb-chat.

If this account is not linked to a facebook account (hotmail only) you cannot choose fb-chat.
If this account is only a fb-contact there is a button called "chat", which brings you to the msg-hub.

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sending message to facebook via wp8 hub.

Hello and thank you for your post.
I am aware of that it should be this way but it didnt. I however found a reason why it is this way.
With wp7.5 when trying to send a msg via fbook it simply asked me to change my status to online.
With wp8 I have to do so manually and then everything starts working.

Thanks again and see ya all around as i'm going to stick to those boards a bit now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720