Twitter and notifications

onemoresummer

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, brand new WP user, just bought a 920.

Just a couple of questions.

1. I'm using MeTweets as my Twitter application. It plays a sound every time someone mentions me but doesn't actually say on the app icon that i've got like 2 unread mentions. Also in the 'Me' app is there any reason why it doesn't tell you on the live title you have new notifications?
Coming from an iphone I liked having a message pop saying "new mention from x...". There seems to be nothing really that does that here unless I manually check the Me app every now and again.
I thought the live title would have at the very least showed like a '1' or '2' etc depending on how many unread notifications you have.

2. How can I get music listened through the Xbox streaming service to scrobble on my last.fm?

Cheers guys.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, brand new WP user, just bought a 920.

Just a couple of questions.

1. I'm using MeTweets as my Twitter application. It plays a sound every time someone mentions me but doesn't actually say on the app icon that i've got like 2 unread mentions. Also in the 'Me' app is there any reason why it doesn't tell you on the live title you have new notifications?
Coming from an iphone I liked having a message pop saying "new mention from x...". There seems to be nothing really that does that here unless I manually check the Me app every now and again.
I thought the live title would have at the very least showed like a '1' or '2' etc depending on how many unread notifications you have.

2. How can I get music listened through the Xbox streaming service to scrobble on my last.fm?

Cheers guys.

1. If you've linked your Twitter account to your Microsoft account it should create a separate notification for each mention on Twitter. So let's say someone comments on your FB (linked to MS acc also), and you get two Twitter mentions. The Me tile should then flip and say "3 New Notifications" or something similar. Unless they botched that up in Win8. You do need to be a medium/large Me tile user for it to work though, unless I'm mistake.

2. Pass. Will leave this to the veterans.

onemoresummer

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.
How often is the 'Me' tile meant to update?
Whenever I open it, it shows Twitter notifications but none for FB?
What's with that?

Last edited:

onemoresummer

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.
Is there any reason why FB notifications aren't displaying?
I've had a few notifications on FB via the browser today but nothing on the Me tile.
Does it only show certain notifications i.e. when someone comments on a picture but not an event invite etc

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.
Is there any reason why FB notifications aren't displaying?
I've had a few notifications on FB via the browser today but nothing on the Me tile.
Does it only show certain notifications i.e. when someone comments on a picture but not an event invite etc

Event invites go directly to the Windows Phone calendar. Yeah, it's confusing. No idea why they couldn't set it to appear under the Me tile and then when you click on it, it goes to the calendar to deal with it there and then. Now that I really think about it, it could do with being fixed.

Hody72

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I am on Android and the moment and want to change over to WP8, but I would want a player that allows me to playback mp3 out of folders/subfolders and that will scrobble the tracks to lastFM all the time. Is there something like that available on WP8

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa