HTC 8X -dirty issue

stevenmsoto

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found an answer to this problem with the phone. Is there a way to clean it or is it a defective phone? What did other do. It be really great to know what's going on. I know this thread has been repeated but I need an answer. The rep at the T-Mobile store basically told me idk how to keep my phone clean and try to sell a case, not happening lol. I always keep my phone clean.

stevenmsoto

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man! Do you know if the phone is just prone to getting dirty or is there a legitimate reason for this tragedy that happen to this phone?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man! Do you know if the phone is just prone to getting dirty or is there a legitimate reason for this tragedy that happen to this phone?
It's not a dirt issue. It's a polycarbonate body that HTC then sprays with a thin, soft touch coating. It is a soft surface that rubs off. Terrible idea by HTC.

stevenmsoto

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the answer, should I see if I can get a new phone or wait it out tell a new shipment of phones come in with the problem solved.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Could you provide some more information or a picture? I have a black one, I haven't noticed anything except greasy prints that wipe away.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the answer, should I see if I can get a new phone or wait it out tell a new shipment of phones come in with the problem solved.
I'm not sure it is something that will be "solved". Soft touch coatings will wear off. It's just a poor design choice by HTC.

stevenmsoto

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I just went to Microsoft Store they basically told me it was a poor decisions choice on HTC, they try to help me as much as possible so instead they gave me a California Blue Thin Case from HTC for $3 (original price $27) these guys are dope! So if anyone having this problem maybe Microsoft can help you out. T-Mobile basically told me to go f*&% myself. 😠

chris7191

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Soft touch should not wear off in a matter of days or weeks. The HTC Trophy has no issue with the coating in black, it's extremely durable.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It's not a dirt issue. It's a polycarbonate body that HTC then sprays with a thin, soft touch coating. It is a soft surface that rubs off. Terrible idea by HTC.

Wrong, I cleaned mine back to blue (not perfectly as I got bored). But the nothing has rubbed off.

BTW, there is already a big thread on this.

ronxian

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
look at mine on the right, compared to a new one,. it's all BLACK now, it used to be BLUE (see the blue earpiece?) i returned it to HTC, and luckily, they replaced it..... and now that i know it would look like this in the future, i bought a case for it... now it's bulky.. should have gone with the 920 instead of this.. oh well

Attachments

• IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 47

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you had to deal with this, man. This is probably the biggest issue with the 8X right now. Maybe morpheus can let you know how to clean yours?

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you had to deal with this, man. This is probably the biggest issue with the 8X right now. Maybe morpheus can let you know how to clean yours?

Alcohol-based hand sanitiser and a clothe. Like I said, not perfect. If I had a spare phone I would have sent back to HTC to replace the casing.

For me, this is old news and I don't care. I even stop using the official doubleshot case.

I periodically "clean" so that is doesn't get any worse, and leave it as that.

D M2

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I've only had my blue 8x for a couple of days and it hasn't started to fade yet, but, if the color did start to fade then getting a replacement is gonna be pretty pointless because it will just do it again, Would there be a quick and easy way to make it all black including the earpiece ?

Joshua Dollar

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Cannot get mine clean for the life of me. Do they not test their products before they market them? Is HTC on a suicide mission?

ronxian

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I've only had my blue 8x for a couple of days and it hasn't started to fade yet, but, if the color did start to fade then getting a replacement is gonna be pretty pointless because it will just do it again, Would there be a quick and easy way to make it all black including the earpiece ?

Won't work... i was thinking of coloring it with a black marker,, but hesitated cuz i know it's just gonna wear off soon... plus, if you do that, you're just gonna kiss your warranty goodbye....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa