What is the best music software for windows phone 8?

slicedbread1991

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Firstly, I absolutely hate the new windows phone desktop app thing that replaced the Zune software. Zune worked perfect for my WP7. I upgraded to a WP8 and refuse to use the windows phone desktop app anymore. Way to limited. I have no Idea why they threw away a great music software and replaced it with crap. Anyways, I'm currently using MusicBee to add music to my WP8, but it still bothers me and it doesn't work right. So what would you say is the best music software to use with WP8?

HodakaRacer96

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm having problems with Podcasts. I'm syncing music/videos/podcasts using media monkey. But podcasts go into music not podcasts on the phone. Any suggestions? You can change the path of the podcasts in Media Monkey, I've played with a few different paths to no avail. BTW the lack of video support is why I gave up on MusicBee

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm having problems with Podcasts. I'm syncing music/videos/podcasts using media monkey. But podcasts go into music not podcasts on the phone. Any suggestions? You can change the path of the podcasts in Media Monkey, I've played with a few different paths to no avail. BTW the lack of video support is why I gave up on MusicBee

The only way I've been able to get this to work is by using the desktop app to sync podcasts from iTunes. We tried figuring this out earlier, but it appears to be doing something sneaky to mark the podcasts it syncs as podcasts and not just music, that we can't replicate. It's not something simple like genre, etc

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's not iTunes + the WP desktop app for Windows, since WP8 does not recognise approximately half of my library's iTunes metatags... I wish I could just use Zune, instead. Did you know, in order to help facilitate a library transfer, iTunes can transcode WMA Lossless files into Apple Lossless files, automatically? Microsoft, Apple made ALAC open source quite some time ago... HINT.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
It's best to use Windows Media Player to sync to Windows Phone 8.

There's actually a guide on this: The Best Way to Sync Windows Phone 8; Not What You’d Expect | Pocketnow

All the time I spent transferring my Windows XP/WM2003 WMP library to Win7/WP7 Zune :(

Oh, well. I guess I can learn to deal with WMPs strange dead/not dead/decontented status withing MSFT and bite the bullet. For some reason, before Windows 8, there was some expectation Zune would take over WMPs role o.0, hence WMP losing out on some functionality during the tranfer from Vista to Win7 (permenant taskbar control, "widget," video screen lock, etc).

Quin 2013

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
This is really annoying that ms dropped the ball on this. This is also the 3rd post I'm mentioning this, ms need to rebrand Zune and just let us all be happy with the PC app.

brianlg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
anything you can do in OSX besides iTunes/WinPhone app? I stopped syncing my itunes playlist because it does nothing but crash, and I just drag and drop files into the WP app. But both of these applications suck.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
anything you can do in OSX besides iTunes/WinPhone app? I stopped syncing my itunes playlist because it does nothing but crash, and I just drag and drop files into the WP app. But both of these applications suck.
I think it hates music videos, which iTunes counts in the music category (also separately under videos).
though u have read wp8 isn't working well with the mac app, too.

realityeye

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
To get the best music experience here is what I do.

Discover new music through:
Metroradio (Pandora)
Nokia Music (through their mixes)
Mixtapes (user playlists)

Download albums through Xbox music on the phone.

Its easy to do and no stuffing around with a computer.

I am always looking for ways to improve the experience; but I am happy with the above.

Oktay Gardener

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
To get the best music experience here is what I do.

Discover new music through:
Metroradio (Pandora)
Nokia Music (through their mixes)
Mixtapes (user playlists)

Download albums through Xbox music on the phone.

Its easy to do and no stuffing around with a computer.

I am always looking for ways to improve the experience; but I am happy with the above.

My shoulder will be here for you to cry on when it's time for Microsoft to suck money from your account to renew
your XM subsciption, and all of your downloaded songs can't be played anymore so you have to re-download them all.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Setting everything up in WMP, then using Windows Phone App for desktop = useless. It's like my music info is useless, or something to that effect. It seems to go out of it's way to annoy me. Trying now via WMP's built in sync function.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Setting everything up in WMP, then using Windows Phone App for desktop = useless. It's like my music info is useless, or something to that effect. It seems to go out of it's way to annoy me. Trying now via WMP's built in sync function.

same! WMP is unable to figure out the artist info for like 700 of my songs, and I just set the info for all of the actual files with an mp3 tag software

realityeye

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My shoulder will be here for you to cry on when it's time for Microsoft to suck money from your account to renew
your XM subsciption, and all of your downloaded songs can't be played anymore so you have to re-download them all.

If I have re-download some albums then its no sweat. I am a music slut and I'll find some new tracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte