Where are the promised games ?

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I love my lumia but there are hardly any games worth playing ! Other OS have games like GTA 3, NFS : most wanted, Batman, Max Payne, Ninjump, etc ! But despite of the Lumia 920 being quoted as the gaming phone for all amazing gaming engines support for WP8 but where the games ? Ut was promised that gameloft will release the new gaming titles but still there's nothing. I want to love my Lumia but I don't know why I we are made to feel like a second class member with all the other OS getting all exclusive apps and games but we are just left with an amazing phone capable of playing console quality games buy there are hardly any games !

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a HTC 8X user and the available games are largely terrible. I haven't seen any evidence so far that the platform is capable of running graphics hungry games that we see on Android and IOS.

Its early in the Windows Phone 8 life cycle I suppose but it doesn't look good so far.

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
@nicky - that's my point ! Why to use a different device for games and music, I was planning to shift entirely to Microsoft's ecosystem with easy syncing between Xbox to surface to windows but here i can't do that coz same as windows phone even surface lacks apps and games hence i don't want to give up on my iPad and windows phone big time lacks apps and games hence can't give up on my iPhone too, so rather than it being one fluid experience im stuck with chaotic ecosystem shuffle between iOS and windows phone. iOS is too dull in front of WP8 but the games and apps make me stick to iOS devices more than WP8, on WP7 they released asphalt 5 way too late whereas iOS has asphalt 7 ages back and now most wanted and Real Racing 3 is also coming and GTA vice city too and what we have angry birds space ? What a joke but ill still keep the faith ......

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who used to have a WP7 phone will probably agree that the qualtiy of games since WP8 was released has improved drastically. It seems though that MS didn't release the SDK until close to the OS release meaning that developers were not able to have games ready for launch. Fingers crossed they're being worked on now.

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, quality is improved but I'm waiting for games specially optimized for WP8 like asphalt 7 I guess or some game that will squeeze the juice out of the adreno GPU

NickyNichols

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
@nicky - that's my point ! Why to use a different device for games and music, I was planning to shift entirely to Microsoft's ecosystem with easy syncing between Xbox to surface to windows but here i can't do that coz same as windows phone even surface lacks apps and games hence i don't want to give up on my iPad and windows phone big time lacks apps and games hence can't give up on my iPhone too, so rather than it being one fluid experience im stuck with chaotic ecosystem shuffle between iOS and windows phone. iOS is too dull in front of WP8 but the games and apps make me stick to iOS devices more than WP8, on WP7 they released asphalt 5 way too late whereas iOS has asphalt 7 ages back and now most wanted and Real Racing 3 is also coming and GTA vice city too and what we have angry birds space ? What a joke but ill still keep the faith ......

But it's so fun to have both devices in your pocket. We look like total ballers! Haha

sdrawkcabII

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think WP8 is quite capable of running some of the high-end games, like NFS: Most Wanted, GTA3, etc. It's up to devs to optimise their games for the OS. WP8 is still pretty new and as someone else mentioned above, the SDK was released late. I think high-end games will be available pretty soon. It's just a waiting game really.

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I know ! Trust me in waiting since I bought my lumia 800 first and kept hopes that games will be there and more apps will but now the wait has shifted with my lumia 920 too and its one year done for my lumia and the only decent game was splinter cell which i had played long back on my iPhone, so this time in hoping the wait won't be that long

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Euhm... Ilomilo still rocks, so there!

^_^

That being said... Id like to see FFIV, VI, VII, and IX, plus Chrono Trigger. If WP8 got those, Id be fine.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Exactly what games were "promised" and by whom? You listed one (UT). Was that something that MS or Nokia promised or was it the developer?

I don't use my phone for gaming except for the occasional Texas Hold'em so I am not really familiar with this area.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I used to use my phone for gaming quite a bit when I had Android, because then I could play PSX and NES/SNES games on it. Played through Chrono Trigger quite a few times, and tons of FF-games.

No chance of that with the 920 I guess :( .

lukus99

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I used to use my phone for gaming quite a bit when I had Android, because then I could play PSX and NES/SNES games on it. Played through Chrono Trigger quite a few times, and tons of FF-games.

No chance of that with the 920 I guess :( .

You can get a NES emulator (vNES Light) and a GBC emulator (Purple Cherry). No PSX emu yet though...

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The games are definitely coming. Devs have already started work on porting some of the most popular games. WP8 supports native coding (whereas WP7 didn't) and because the SDK was released late I'd wager that it will take a bit longer before we start seeing some of the heavy hitters.

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what games were "promised" and by whom? You listed one (UT). Was that something that MS or Nokia promised or was it the developer?

I don't use my phone for gaming except for the occasional Texas Hold'em so I am not really familiar with this area.

Joe B promised "AMAZING DIRECTX games" in July, also temple run and ~12 other games were supposedly coming

BokiV

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I must admit I never liked playing games on touchscreens, so I don't really miss them...I keep thinking smartphone manufacturers are missing out big time on adding some new inventive way of physical controls... That would be huge! Till then, its angry birds and cut the rope for me..

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for games as well. It seems like there is everything I want in this phone except for the games (and NFC payments being ready). 12 Gameloft titles were promised for launch, including Modern Combat (the game I'm waiting on the most). I love playing first person shooters on iOS and Android, and knowing that the code will be optimized for the Adreno 225 GPU because only ONE platform will be targeted (unlike Android, where Gameloft released the game without modifying it for the Adreno 225 GPU) makes me very impatient for these high end games =(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb