Where are the promised games ?

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Know what also happened? Microsoft said theyd fix wifi disconnecting at locked screen, and they did. Quite faster than expected too.

So theres that.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I hardly game on my current iPod touch, unless it is a very simple, social based game like Words With Friends or Draw Something. Hopefully developers can get on board making some simple, but fun games like that, instead of putting a lot of effort into a very extensive, high graphics game.

being a casual mobile gamer, (I do basically all of my gaming on the 360) I would almost rather just have the "popular" fun games, rather than maybe an award winning game that requires a lot of playing time.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My theory: If you really want to play all these games, get an iPod touch or android tablet. For me, I don't want my phone to be too complicated, plus, there's a bunch of nice games that other OS don't have too, I enjoy them

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Only games I've been playing on my l920 are nes games on the emulator. I carry my iPhone with me for gaming. Into the dead is an awesome zombie runner like temple run.

Patrick Flynn

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I can't imagine that anybody who had done even the tiniest amount of research would be buying a Windows Phone if games were that important to them.

NickyNichols

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand when people post things like what you posted if they are trolling or just having a lapse of judgement.

Not sure I understand your argument. I have spent over $300 on games in the past 3 or 4 years on iPhone and I can't complain about the lack of gaming on this device, because for me, and my horrible impulse buying, I am perfectly fine using the iPhone for gaming.

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft always says that games are coming ! Last year when asphalt 5 was said to be coming at the launch of WP7.5 devices, it came a year late and at this time it was too late coz on other OS asphalt7 is available and hence the second class treatment of people mocking the lack of apps. The only reason I still have my iPhone with me is coz of the games and the variety and quality of it too. The only game I play on my lumia 920 was angry birds space. My point is how long will be treated as second class users. Rockstar games are bringing some fantastic ports of their classic games on to iOS and android and there's no word on WP8 even in future releases. I'm also a console gamer but I can't carry my console everywhere, right ? I'm just saying that we need some high profile games that will be stunning and shine to WP8 hardware specs glory rather than angry birds ! For example when real racing 3 was announced for iPhone 5 ! That game has jaw dropping visuals, when will we have something even close to that ? Even NFS: most wanted is absent. I'm just scared that the wait for games is not as big as the wait on wp7.5 games. *fingers crossed*
P.S - its my dream to play GTA on my lumia 920 coz I hate my iPhone but I can't give it up for all those amazing game titles it has

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I understand your argument. I have spent over $300 on games in the past 3 or 4 years on iPhone and I can't complain about the lack of gaming on this device, because for me, and my horrible impulse buying, I am perfectly fine using the iPhone for gaming.

this even makes less sense than your last comment. Why would you bother having one device that can do it all instead to lug around numerous devices with you on your busy days?

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Same case here, coz I love Nokia and OS and I want to make it my sole device but its still growing and apps are still being made so I can't totally give up on my iPhone as I love to play games and WP8 despite of being quoted as a gaming phone with all high profile gaming engine support yet has no games, so once the games start pouring in then I'll give up my iPhone and I hope its not a year long wait for that :/

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I know ! I'm scared that like last time they delayed games so badly especially asphalt 5 (gameloft) and many gameloft games were announced this time and what an horrible port of real football was brought to WP7.5 devices ! Its pathetic, I hope to see some class this time and we don't get games when they're already a year old on other devices

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Only games I've been playing on my l920 are nes games on the emulator. I carry my iPhone with me for gaming. Into the dead is an awesome zombie runner like temple run.

did not know there was an NES emulator on the official store, looks awesome! glad they have this, I can feel cool like my friend with an S3 who is always running emulators :wink: hopefully they add other consoles emulators soon

here's the emulator if people didnt know:
vNESLight | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

armenhov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
But many WP7 games can be plaid on WP8. I'm probably in minority here: I prefer strategy games without fancy multimedia experience, but those that I play work just fine in compatibility mode.

Padmasali

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
when I had Galaxy S2, I waited for Asphalt 7... the game took 4-6 months to launch on Google play (after launch of ios version)... because of ics update, not because of hardware capabilities... and now they release the game to both os at same time... because they have new version android sdk from start... So, WP8 also have the same situation... wait for good 6 months, if after 6 month still not available promised games than, this question get valid...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss